b447m
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im interested in applying for a foundation year in physics, if i get good enough alevel grades how hard is it on average to get in?
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
Oxford doesn't offer a physics foundation course, you'd need to apply for the MPhys (with the option to instead graduate with a BA instead). Admissions statistics are available on the University of Oxford website (your chances of getting into the uni aren't affected by where you apply but if you apply to a more competitive college you're more likely to get pooled to another), although if you're meeting typical offer grades it's less about the grades you get and more about you and your aptitude for physics.
azby1098
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
Oxford doesn't offer a physics foundation course, you'd need to apply for the MPhys (with the option to instead graduate with a BA instead). Admissions statistics are available on the University of Oxford website (your chances of getting into the uni aren't affected by where you apply but if you apply to a more competitive college you're more likely to get pooled to another), although if you're meeting typical offer grades it's less about the grades you get and more about you and your aptitude for physics.
please ignore this post, it is incorrect.

oxford offers a foundation year in physics within Lady Margaret Hall. it is incredibly competitive, but focused on providing places for people living in deprived areas and low income families. if these apply, and you have good grades, go for it! otherwise, it is difficult to get in even if you have perfect grades
OctoberRain7
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by azby1098)
please ignore this post, it is incorrect.

oxford offers a foundation year in physics within Lady Margaret Hall. it is incredibly competitive, but focused on providing places for people living in deprived areas and low income families. if these apply, and you have good grades, go for it! otherwise, it is difficult to get in even if you have perfect grades
Sorry if I was wrong, I didn't realise there was a specific LMH thing.
b447m
Rep:
?
Ive been on the LMH website and theres a foundation year for physics?
b447m
Rep:
?
Sorry if I was wrong, I didn't realise there was a specific LMH thing.
Thanks! sorry i only saw your original post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads