Sister scared of walking home herself

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I live in quite a poor area of London, and am a Year 10 student. My younger sister is a year 8 and has recently begun walking home without parents. She usually waits the extra 15 minutes to walk with me (staggered entry/exit because of covid) and isn't the most fearless or cocky of students. Unfortunately, I occasionally find myself in a 30 minute detention for something silly, and that way all the rough kids from the other secondary come out while I'm sat inside.
A few months ago, there was a stabbing involving some kids from our school and the other. Mental health support for pupils was not provided, apart from workshops aimed 'scare' us away from crime. Now, my sister doesn't like walking straight after school ends or waiting for me.
Is there anything I can say to her to help? She nods and listens to my encouragement, but doesn't pay attention, in a way.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Keep in touch with her by phone or email.
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She is probably more scared of not being sexually accosted why don't you just not get into trouble and look out for your sister.
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeahhhh, maybe don't get into detentions? At least for your sister's sake.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by karl pilkington)
She is probably more scared of not being sexually accosted why don't you just not get into trouble and look out for your sister.
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Yeahhhh, maybe don't get into detentions? At least for your sister's sake.
I have ADHD, so yeah . . .
I'm a female as well. I've been recently just keeping my head down in class, but I'm worried over what'll happen to her when I leave the school.
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have ADHD, so yeah . . .
I'm a female as well. I've been recently just keeping my head down in class, but I'm worried over what'll happen to her when I leave the school.
oh I thought you were a guy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by karl pilkington)
oh I thought you were a guy
At least there's safety in numbers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (108)
27.62%
England (133)
34.02%
Belgium (30)
7.67%
Germany (41)
10.49%
Spain (8)
2.05%