The Student Room Group

Student finance info... failed before

Some time ago when I was suffering from Psychosis i enrolled and failed the 1st of uni. I want to go back into education but student finance don't answer the phone to answer my query.
Which is, incurring the initial debt both fee and maintenance , will I still have access to student finance for an entire degree in Computer Science.
If not my only other option is night classes with Birkbeck and pay as I go module by module or month by month.

Any advise welcome.
Thanks.
Ben
You’re entitled to the length of your original course +1 year of funding. So as long as the new course isn’t longer and you don’t need resist, your tuition fee will be covered.

With the maintenance loan, When you dropped out, they should have sent you another letter telling you your new entitlement (basically how much can you keep and what has to be given back). If you haven’t fully paid back any maintenance loan they may have asked for, that amount will be deducted from your maintenance loan entitlement the first year
(Length of new course +1) - number of years of previous study. If your new course is 3 years then plus 1 and minus 1 equals 3 years of funding.

So if you've only ever had one year of funding you should get the full loans for the length of the course, SF give you a 'gift year'.

Edit: they're also good at responding on fb if you can't get through on phone
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending