Move out for PGCE or stay at home doing a failing Schools direct??

Watch
Quiet Benin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Need help

I have two offers for PGCE. One is a university and the other is a local school.

I was going to take the local school for Schools Direct programme until a Top 20 university shocked me with an offer.

If i was to take the university route i would move out for like the 100th time. And now that i'm in my very late 20s, i feel like actually moving out is now right despite in my culture, it is wrong to be lonely and also i don't feel comfortable being seen as a loner.

I also want to move out because extended family wants to come over and live us and with the house packed, i'm not sure i would feel comfortable or accept their ableist views of me. I already receive that pain from my parents. With pending lockdown in autumn, they may be forced to stay in the uk until covid restriction lifts.

Anyway what should an upcoming PGCE Student do? Should i move out or hold my nose and stay at home.
Last edited by Quiet Benin; 4 weeks ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quiet Benin)
mod or whoever, move it to teaching section i need answers
do you understand that most mods are volunteers and thus like to be addressed politely? Well so do paid staff, come to that.
Quiet Benin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So no pgce students on tsr room?
kwame88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd move for the PGCE tbh.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Quiet Benin)
So no pgce students on tsr room?
I moved, but pretty much everyone else I know (including ones on the course) stay local. I think the isolation aspect that many of us had to deal with over the past two years is now gone, the pandemic restrictions are mostly lifted etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (109)
27.74%
England (134)
34.1%
Belgium (30)
7.63%
Germany (41)
10.43%
Spain (8)
2.04%