BBC Production Apprenticeship 2021

Watch this thread
username5713255
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I thought I'd start a new thread for the BBC Production Apprenticeship 2021 applicants. I applied last year but it was disappointingly cancelled. This year it looks like they've come back with an amazing range of opportunities.

So this is the place to share updates. Got an email giving you an interview? Let us all know. Rejected? We're here for you. Accepted? We'll open a bottle of bubbly for you and be super jealous.

My status:

Applied: April 16, 2021
Preference: Television
Stage: Application submitted
Last edited by username5713255; 1 year ago
atomicat
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I've applied for the Production Apprenticeship also. Have you heard anything back yet?
username5713255
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by atomicat)
Hey, I've applied for the Production Apprenticeship also. Have you heard anything back yet?
No nothing yet. I hope they make the initial cut fairly soon. Part of me thinks that with such a popular scheme its highly unlikely I'll get selected to go to the next round but part of me is hoping that it will be a tiny bit easier this year because they increased the number of scheme places significantly.

I'm excited and nervous. I'll post when I hear something!!
atomicat
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BBCHopeful)
No nothing yet. I hope they make the initial cut fairly soon. Part of me thinks that with such a popular scheme its highly unlikely I'll get selected to go to the next round but part of me is hoping that it will be a tiny bit easier this year because they increased the number of scheme places significantly.

I'm excited and nervous. I'll post when I hear something!!
Yes, I hope so too! I've been checking my emails and the careers hub religiously! Have some faith in yourself, I'm sure you've a good chance of being selected, but I understand how you're feeling. Thank you, I'll update you as soon as I hear anything
lokidokie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’ve applied as well for the production apprenticeship. Nothing yet. Fingers crossed!
Someonerandom12
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Got accepted to the second stage today!
username5713255
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Someonerandom12)
Got accepted to the second stage today!
Well done! I got the email this morning too. Soooo excited!!!
Someonerandom12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by BBCHopeful)
Well done! I got the email this morning too. Soooo excited!!!
well done to you too!! What area do you want to go for?
lokidokie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Got accepted to the second stage!!
username5713255
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Someonerandom12)
well done to you too!! What area do you want to go for?
Television in London would by my absolute first choice.
Frobisher
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Did anyone apply for the Production traineeship as opposed to any of the apprenticeships, and if so did you hear back?
Outislanders
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Frobisher)
Did anyone apply for the Production traineeship as opposed to any of the apprenticeships, and if so did you hear back?
I did! Haven’t heard anything as of yet but I’m hoping Monday we get some news
Frobisher
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Outislanders)
I did! Haven’t heard anything as of yet but I’m hoping Monday we get some news
I suppose no news is good news ATM! I'll keep my fingers crossed for us ☺️
aespa
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Frobisher)
Haven't heard anything yet!
Onlyonce
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I did and still haven't heard anything yet. Surely it has to be today or tomorrow as only two working days of the month left. I'm a bit older and graduated forever ago so not holding my breath but you've got to put yourself out there right 😂
username5713255
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Onlyonce)
I did and still haven't heard anything yet. Surely it has to be today or tomorrow as only two working days of the month left. I'm a bit older and graduated forever ago so not holding my breath but you've got to put yourself out there right 😂
Yes you would think that it will be by Friday at the latest. I would place money on us getting an email saying they are sorry for the delay and it will be the end of August because of covid. Although covid has been around for a year and a half and really is isn't a good excuse anymore for delays!
Outislanders
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Anyone heard anything yet?
simranarora
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Nope

(Original post by Outislanders)
Anyone heard anything yet?
No, not yet. Still waiting eagerly.
rhp23
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
For those of you who have heard back, is there a difference between the Apprenticeship applications and the Production Trainee Schemes?
Last edited by rhp23; 10 months ago
Bawa97
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by rhp23)
For those of you who have heard back, is there a difference between the Apprenticeship applications and the Production Trainee Schemes?
Yes, there is. I have heard back for apprenticeship (second stage), but nothing for the trainee scheme yet. My partner has applied for it too, but heard nothing yet.
Last edited by Bawa97; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise