Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend in school has just been diagnosed with Meningococcal Infection...the same in the outbreak in the Philippines which has caused at least 19 deaths already. But the thing is she hasn't travelled lately so the case is local...and is now the first case in HK since 2003.

She's stable now (thank God) but still hospitalised and isolated...as well as her family who has been put under medical surveillance and antibiotics for safety measure as the disease is so deadly and contagious.

Already the 4th bad news from school this school year...death of my close friend, death of teacher in Tsunami, death of deputy's husband in technical diving operation, and now my friend. The press is basically watching our school for any other bad news. There are always journalists outside school these days and we're on the papers almost every single day. A lot of us, although not usualy superstitious...think it's bad karma from the new headmaster cos everything's happened since he came. *sigh*

Hope there's no more. It's been so overwhelming already.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm very sorry to hear about your friends, teacher etc... i hope your friend recovers soon

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.