what to take as 4th as level for physics

Watch
confused127
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im taking physics, maths and further maths for a level. the school i wanna go to said we need to do 4 as levels. can someone suggest an easy subject for as level that wont take up too much time, something that's kind of wingable??
Last edited by confused127; 1 month ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Computer science?? Or possibily EPQ. Definitely don't do chemistry if you want an easy subject.
anonymous#192
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Choose something you’re naturally good at (that way you won’t need to work as hard). Biology, chemistry, maths, further maths and physics are the most difficult a levels so stay away from these as your 4th (I know you already said you’re doing 3 of the above but avoid doing a 4th if you want something easy). EPQ is good but it is actually a lot of work if you want to do really well in it (though I believe it is classed as an AS so would be counted). Computer science would be quite good as it mixes well with your other subjects and from what I understand from friends who did it it’s a chill class because it’s got some coursework. Do something you enjoy or you’ll hate it and it will be wayyy more difficult due to you not enjoying it
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think there are any subjects that are really "easy" or "wingable" if you are aiming to get strong grades in them.

If you're good at maths and physics then you might find something like CS or chemistry a good fit for your strengths and interests and that may complement your other subjects. Although they are not necessarily easy, neither is any subject you take because you think it's easy but have no interest in and end up having no motivation to do well in and get poor grades in the end anyway.

Alternately just pick anything and drop it on the first day of school.
uchihaitachi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by confused127)
im taking physics, maths and further maths for a level. the school i wanna go to said we need to do 4 as levels. can someone suggest an easy subject for as level that wont take up too much time, something that's kind of wingable??
i took economics and business definitely wingable got a B without any effort outside of classes alongside Maths, Physics, English Lit. I've heard straight Economics is a bit harder but potentially an option for fourth. its pretty interesting too.

basically go for any 'soft' option you find interesting. economics was particularly intuitive and alot of the concepts easy to pick up and write on.. and needed less work from my perspective than politics or philosophy although those seem really interesting it seems your strengths are more analytical as opp to critical thinking/ writing. if want to prioritise good grade/ light side subject/ interested in economics go with this, if something random interested in why not just take something else.
Last edited by uchihaitachi; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (58)
38.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (7)
4.61%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (33)
21.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
9.21%

Watched Threads