Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an online teaching job based in a different country and no contract, but I was told it's a one year role. It has only been 7 months. It should be easy to leave on this basis but i've never quit before and don't know how to go about it. I already probably won't get a future reference from my boss.

i'm leaving because the job has tethered off, most of my hours were unpaid and for many other reasons it was not worth it and they have not been organised nor does my work appear needed or valued at all. It's been very odd. I get paid like 30 pounds a month.

how do you word an email quitting politely?
AHKS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an online teaching job based in a different country and no contract, but I was told it's a one year role. It has only been 7 months. It should be easy to leave on this basis but i've never quit before and don't know how to go about it. I already probably won't get a future reference from my boss.

i'm leaving because the job has tethered off, most of my hours were unpaid and for many other reasons it was not worth it and they have not been organised nor does my work appear needed or valued at all. It's been very odd. I get paid like 30 pounds a month.

If they still owe you wages you need to try and keep them sweet but if not it’s no big deal. It sounds like a poorly organised set up and chances are they will have been surprised you stuck at it so long!
Something like ‘Please consider this email as notice of my resignation from the position of *****. My last working day will be ***** (give at least a week to be fair). I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving me a position in your company and wish you every success for the future. Yours sincerely’
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AHKS)
If they still owe you wages you need to try and keep them sweet but if not it’s no big deal. It sounds like a poorly organised set up and chances are they will have been surprised you stuck at it so long!
Something like ‘Please consider this email as notice of my resignation from the position of *****. My last working day will be ***** (give at least a week to be fair). I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving me a position in your company and wish you every success for the future. Yours sincerely’
Thanks for your reply and ideas for wording. Do you think a preamble is necessary explaining my reasons or explaining why i'm terminating the contract early? I would rather not do that since there's no nice way to say it but not sure if it's too random to just send a resignation email?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

How did you find this job and in which country is it based?

Why have you continued to do the work virtually unpaid for 7 months?

What does the job actually involve? Has there been any outlay on your part?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
How did you find this job and in which country is it based?

Why have you continued to do the work virtually unpaid for 7 months?

What does the job actually involve? Has there been any outlay on your part?
Online on a reputable site, in China

i enjoyed the job and experience, it's only part time alongside my studies so it wasn't a big deal for a while and was going smoothly. Recently things started to become more disorganised and pointless

I haven't really spent money on things no, i do it all digitally
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What site was this? Looking for a job myself. Would you recommend it?
Anonymous #1
What site was this? Looking for a job myself. Would you recommend it?
Recommend the site or the job?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Recommend the site or the job?
Both
Anonymous #1
Both
Lol you wouldn't want it!
It's the UAL website they have a good jobs board
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Lol you wouldn't want it!
It's the UAL website they have a good jobs board
can you share the link? do you need a degree to teach?
Anonymous #1
can you share the link? do you need a degree to teach?
The job is an old listing and no longer there
But yes
AHKS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply and ideas for wording. Do you think a preamble is necessary explaining my reasons or explaining why i'm terminating the contract early? I would rather not do that since there's no nice way to say it but not sure if it's too random to just send a resignation email?
If it was me I would keep it short and sweet as above. They really don't need to know or probably care why they just need to know you are going.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads