The Student Room Group

Any advice for current year 11 me?

Im in top set for most of my subjects, and in the majority of those im scoring 7s (A) and 8s (A+), which im pretty content and happy with. I also finish on the 11th of June (only 14 school days left, woohoo).

However, im predicted a 6 (B) for chemistry, a 6 (B) for physics and a 5 (C) for maths. I've been trying hard and stressing every night over these grades, I can't possibly wait until the 12th of August for results day.

Does anyone have any advice that will calm my nerves?
You don't need to have 7s, 8s, and 9s across the board. Not everyone is good at everything, sure some people are, but that doesn't matter. I imagine you'll go down the path of some of the subjects that you're best at for A level and beyond. GCSEs are near meaningless, you just need to do well enough to get into the A level courses you want, and even if you don't, you can redo the exam later.

Just know that stressing over your grades will not raise them, find something better to think about. School ends soon, maybe you can pick up a hobby to take your mind off grades.
Reply 2
The anticipation for GCSE results is always going to be present in the back of your mind, you just have to accept that you've given it your best shot and the situation is now out of your control. Your grades sound like something you should definitely be proud of! Everyone has subjects they are stronger in :smile: I'm sure it's been a stressful time and you're probably feeling a bit burnt out. Just take time to relax and focus on enjoying your break now. Once you reach sixth form you don't really need to think about your GCSE results at all ahah. Best of luck to you!!
Original post by romhaewon
Im in top set for most of my subjects, and in the majority of those im scoring 7s (A) and 8s (A+), which im pretty content and happy with. I also finish on the 11th of June (only 14 school days left, woohoo).

However, im predicted a 6 (B) for chemistry, a 6 (B) for physics and a 5 (C) for maths. I've been trying hard and stressing every night over these grades, I can't possibly wait until the 12th of August for results day.

Does anyone have any advice that will calm my nerves?

Hi, DM me on ig (“the_gcse_tutor”). I can tutor you in the sciences and maths which can help to bring your grades up and calm your nerves!

Quick Reply

Latest