Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been to college but I have had a rough time. I'm close to the end of the year and it's not been as I hoped. I started in September expecting to get my confidence up by meeting new people get my qualification for doing the course then move on to the higher course but at the start I was told that this course doesn't progress onto a higher course and I have to take other years to get on the higher course. At this point I already started so I thought I'd carry on. My plan was in the summer I thought I will try the course and if it don't like it where it affects my mental health then I can just quit. I thought I will give it until Christmas but my parents wanted me to carry on and I did want to quit because people were making fun of me for no reason.

I was on my own all the time in college and I just didn't want to be there. When people had to pair up they left me out, a lot of the group went to the same school but I didn't so I didn't know anyone. I don't know why people made fun of me because I didn't do anything, once I did tell someone to f off at the start of the year because we had these cameras for this ask we were doing in college and these guys were trying to take a picture of me so I said that but I said sorry plus they were taking the mick out of me before that. I might have told them to f off for making fun of me. Staff were helpful at first, I reported it which I know is childish and being a snitch but it was making me miserable but I still feel bad so I spoke to one of the teachers who sorted it out which helped a bit but people made still fun of me but just discretely and I raised it with our tutor again but they refused to sort it that time and made excuses. I know its embarassing crying to a teacher but I didn't know what else to do, they were making college harder than it already was, I could have just hit them but tbf but I would have got done for assault and police might have got involved etc.

I have been feeling down a lot this year. I just have not liked college tbh and I would have quit in December if my parents let me but they didn't. If anything my confidence has gone worse. My course was supposed to help some people with low confidence but no. The staff are crap as well, the students and I just dont know what qualification I have got from this course, I have had no exams, it been course work and I don't know why I came. I think one good thing is its only 3 days week in college but that's it really.
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
College is a really bad experience for me too. Social anxiety, general lack of interaction, terrible grades, discomfort in classroom-like environments, feeling judged, the list goes on. I hate it.

As risky as this is, I told my teacher I don't want to work past this year (I'm 18 in September) and he's told my tutor about it. My dad's basically decided what my future holds which I don't like, 4.5 more years in education would ruin me mentally.

Email your tutor about this, so you think and type down everything she should know. You're in control of your future, people with no GCSE's are living decent lives so that's not something to worry about. Parents will be parents but they'll definitely listen to your tutor, even if they disapprove of your decisions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise