Animes for beginners?

Watch
Gcsestudent56
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve just started watching anime and want some recommendations for some starter animes- I’ve already watched death note
CletusYeetus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mob psycho 100 and Jojo's Bizzare adventure are a couple of my favourites, though the latter is quite long and takes a few seasons to really warm up (definitely worth it when it does)
CletusYeetus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bojieliribert)
x
You should absolutely not watch this one, OP. I'm not explaing why.
Eat-sleep-repeat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Boku no Hero Academia is a solid one if you like action (shounen). I'd also suggest Death Note for psychological thriller, Attack on Titan for dark action, or Ouran Highschool Host Club for romcom. It's really about finding the kind of genre you like, anime is a medium, not a monolith, you know?
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gcsestudent56)
I’ve just started watching anime and want some recommendations for some starter animes- I’ve already watched death note
Psycho-Pass - Similar themes to Death Note, decent thriller.

Cowboy Bebop - Episodic sci-fi adventures, with a fantastic cast and soundtrack.

Attack on Titan - Great action scenes, plenty of plot twists.

Nichijou - Slapstick comedy gold.

Dr. Stone - Mad science edutainment.

I hope something here is of interest to you; if not, let me know in more detail the kinds of genres you're into, and I'll try again.
Last edited by AngryJellyfish; 1 month ago
fellowweebhere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MMtrapzz)
hentai
Yes.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
After thinking about a good anime to begin with, it is the best to do that with One Punch Man.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you liked Death Note, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul might be good (warning: Tokyo Ghoul Re (the last part) is quite rushed and confusing but it was ok and I really enjoyed the first seasons so I think it's still worth watching). Also: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Assassination Classroom and Bungo Stray Dogs are really good. I could go on, but I will stop myself. My username is a character from Your Lie in April btw which is one of my favourite animes, but it is like the complete opposite genre to Death Note lol so idk if you'd like it- it's a slice of life anime.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (also the original) is excellent and well worth watching, and manages to balance serious exploration of various issues with more lighthearted asides. It's very well written and has great character development and progression (both the original and Brotherhood, although focusing on slightly different characters and with different plots in the end).

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex is also excellent, although maybe less "easy watching"; definitely something I felt demands your full attention or you don't get much from it (even in the filler episodes).

NGE is always recommended to me although I've never watched it, and I'm not sure if I ever will :dontknow: some of the aesthetics are interesting but mecha anime isn't something I was ever really interested in and it sounds like some of the characters are pretty annoying.

Also Sailor Moon, of course!
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
Lawphii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what genre you like? Some of these recommendations might be a bit normie but

-The Promised Neverland-season one is great, and only 12 episodes! So it’s pretty easy to digest except maybe the darker themes...? But the story itself is beautiful and it’s about children finding hope and building a future for themselves. Season 2 was a bit rushed but if you don’t read the manga it was pretty decent stand-alone. Sorry, it’s a bit vague, but you should watch it! (And maybe read the manga because like 100 chapters of the story was missed)

Kimetsu no Yaiba- It’s one of the top anime right now and for good reason. It’s filled with good action scenes, phenomenal animation and a fair share of touching moments. Season 1 is only... 26(?) or 25 episodes long but the story is well built enough whilst being easy to digest.

Great Pretender- I think it’s a Netflix original? Anyways the graphics are so stunning and unique, but asides from that it’s mostly pretty light hearted but has that emotional depth from the character’s backstories. It is an anime about scamming people and heists so I think it’s pretty fast paced but it shouldn’t make you feel like watching it is a drag.

Gekkan-Shoujo Nozaki Kun- I’m not really sure if you’d be into shoujo, so I didn’t leave a lot of shoujo recommendations but this one is a good one to watch! Only 12 episodes and it’s a bit skit-like but it’s hilarious and again, easy to watch! There’s almost no romance elements but if you’re into comedy, I’d suggest you watch it!

Erased- This one is pretty short, but remains one of my favourite anime to this day. Tbh I’ve not seen death note so I’m not sure how similar they are, but there’s also elements of crime, mystery and thriller, and it’s a very good watch. If you liked death note, I would say definitely give Erased a shot!

Also I know it’s not really a “beginner anime” but honestly, If you can stick it out for 900+ episodes then please watch one piece! Seriously the most phenomenal, stunning adventure series packed with thrilling action scenes and heart wrenching moments. The greatest world building, storytelling and characters I’ve ever seen. It’s number one for a good reason. I’ve literally never cried so much before watching a series and I actually usually detest action. But to be fair I read the manga LOL. I know it took some people years to catch up with the anime so if you can, the manga is probably a better way to consume it. It’s a little childish to begin with but later it becomes one of the best and most fleshed out stories ever. Sorry I rambled there, but please, consider watching some of these anime!
Darya.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your Lie In April and Angel Beats were the first animes I watched, I'd recommend both of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.79%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.35%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.88%

Watched Threads