Indian variant will cause worse covid wave yet?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm quite scared, this Indian variant is gonna be worse than any covid wave we have seen yet, anyone else scared by this?
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm quite scared, this Indian variant is gonna be worse than any covid wave we have seen yet, anyone else scared by this?
Nope as I'm in amongst it with work.

Try living in a city where its under 2 miles from where you living as it spreading fast over last few days.
Big protest won't help it either as this was in the affected area.
username5710157
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep - Boris has always been giving us deluded messages. We definitely won't have no covid restrictions by June
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by User18041982)
Yep - Boris has always been giving us deluded messages. We definitely won't have no covid restrictions by June
Don't trust Boris on anything he says on this untill he gets it right which is never at moment as it unpredictable what will happen.

Our Nicolas sturgeon has just put dampers on things here with not lowering two large areas because of this Indian variant.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe.

Most likely to depend upon how effectively the government responds to regional surges in covid fatalities & infection rates and how cautious most people in the uk are being.
In terms of: observing overseas travel & quarantine restrictions, socially distancing from those outside of their household/support bubble in public places, avoiding large scale gatherings and restricting social visits as regards indoor domestic premises.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t at any point in this pandemic been scared of the virus.
Neither have I been convinced that the strategy out of lockdown would actually unfold as planned.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by User18041982)
I can see another lockdown by the summer
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I haven’t at any point in this pandemic been scared of the virus.
Neither have I been convinced that the strategy out of lockdown would actually unfold as planned.
When you see people dying from it in front of you every day, it is pretty damn terrifying.
Anonymous #1
When you see people dying from it in front of you every day, it is pretty damn terrifying.
I know I'm really scared why are we not shutting the borders as well
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I know I'm really scared why are we not shutting the borders as well
do you work in a hospital?
silkypokemon96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can see this happening unfortunately...
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
What people have you seen "dying from it in front of you every day"? The clinically vulnerable and the elderly? It's not terrifying, it's just the media scaremongering as always. Stop spreading BS.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt things will ever return to normal - not for a few years at least.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I doubt things will ever return to normal - not for a few years at least.
I agree I see more lockdowns and more surges in cases I really think the next wave will be the worst yet
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can you hear them moving the goal posts?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What people have you seen "dying from it in front of you every day"? The clinically vulnerable and the elderly? It's not terrifying, it's just the media scaremongering as always. Stop spreading BS.
Lots of people, including relatively young ones. I can assure you it is not nice to watch people dying from breathlessness and hypoxia.
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree I see more lockdowns and more surges in cases I really think the next wave will be the worst yet
What is your justification for the next wave (assuming their even is one) being "the worst yet"? Where is your evidence besides personal anecdotes?
Last edited by RedGiant; 1 month ago
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So can I to be honest. I think that the restrictions that are due to be liften on May 17, should not be lifted, and in areas where the Indian variant is spreading (as well as the virus being in high numbers generally), more restrictions should be put in place. We've got to do what we need to in order to ensure that there is minimal risk of catching the virus, and long term, having the virus not being present in the UK at all.
Mulked2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This depends on whether its mutation is enough to bypass vaccinations
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No idea why this thread needs anonymous,

Thus far infection rates seem to be rising in the younger population i.e the population that hasnt been vaccinated. Until it starts rising in people who are vaccinated then i dont see a reason to start panicking just yet. The government of course are experts in knee jerk reactions so anything could happen, its almost like if you relax rules infections are going to rise. Either you accept that compromise or you dont but if you have committed to do it dont then act surprised when the inevitable happens.

That being said it would be great if people weren't Flying alternative routes to avoid quarantine from india.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads