Last edited by Idonthaveanam3; 4 weeks ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Idonthaveanam3)
Is it easily done
Depends on the course, the uni and what qualifications you hold. Generally speaking, the higher ranked the uni, the less welcoming they will be to transfers. But it can be possible, yes.

The Transfer FAQ will answer of lot of questions about the process.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are thinking 'I'll apply for this course and transfer subjects once I get to Uni', please think carefully.

1) There may be be no spaces in the other course cohort.
2) They will still want you to meet the same entry requirements as everyone else on that course.
3) They may not accept any 'transfers' into that degree.
4) If you don't get the transfer then you'll spend the next 3 years doing a course you apparently didn't want to do.

If you already know that you want to do a different subject/course, then take a gap year and apply for the course you do actually want to do in September.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If you are thinking 'I'll apply for this course and transfer subjects once I get to Uni', please think carefully.

1) There may be be no spaces in the other course cohort.
2) They will still want you to meet the same entry requirements as everyone else on that course.
3) They may not accept any 'transfers' into that degree.
4) If you don't get the transfer then you'll spend the next 3 years doing a course you apparently didn't want to do.

If you already know that you want to do a different subject/course, then take a gap year and apply for the course you do actually want to do in September.
Agree strongly with everything here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29%
No (191)
71%

Watched Threads