The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm too lazy to sign up..

Edit: It'll be done when I sign to my new doctors actually.
You get that option when you apply for a provisional driving licence.

I personally said no, but that's because i really doubt my organs being in good enough condition for anyone else, that, and the whole idea of someone else in me is a bit ucky. I'd rather die thanks.
I'm not signing up as I don't want to be cut open and I want to go to wherever I'm going whole, I know it's selfish and people are often surprised when I tell them because I give blood regularly and I'm on the bone marrow register but to me it seems wrong.
Although my mother is pretty sure I'll change my mind when I have children
I said yes on my driving licence app, but i haven't actually donated any yet.
Reply 5
I think I'm signed up as an organ donor, but I don't have a card. I think they asked on my Driving License application form. I said everything except corneas. Even if I was dead, I wouldn't want people near my eyes with a knife.
Reply 6
i am on the list apparently. i have no need for them when i die. may as well help someone
Reply 7
RedRiotRoses
You get that option when you apply for a provisional driving licence.

I personally said no, but that's because i really doubt my organs being in good enough condition for anyone else, that, and the whole idea of someone else in me is a bit ucky. I'd rather die thanks.

I don't buy that, lame excuse.
Reply 8
I very much doubt that. What's with the sig?
(edited 4 years ago)
Fusion
I don't buy that, lame excuse.

Lol, then you'd be surprised.
Reply 10
Wrong.
(edited 4 years ago)
My reply is somewhere in here.
Reply 12
Because they're my organs, mine, all mine!

And I've seen Monty Python's Meaning of Life.
Balderdash.

I'm on the list (after I registered with my GP) and I personally think holding on to organs after death for no reason is incredibly selfish.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Would it be reasonable to decree that if you don't subscribe to the donor programme then you cannot benefit from it...........obviously not, but it's an interesting debate
Reply 15
I'm in.
I'm a registered organ donor (I also carry my card in my wallet).

Never let it be said that there isn't a philanthropist buried somewhere deep within me :p:
I'm on it, through my drivers licence, but I also have a card in my wallet. I've also never heard a reasonable excuse as to why someone isn't on the register.
Reply 18
I'm fully signed up and ready to donate the moment I pop my clogs.

Two years ago, I lost one of my best friends. She was on the waiting list for a heart and lung transplant. I can't help that think everyone who isn't on the list - they could've saved her. Selfish, maybe, but that's how it is.

I definately think that Organ donation should be "opt out". A lot more people would be saved, and if you were that concerned you could easily opt out. A lot of people haven't opted in because they can't be bothered.

Latest