"Dating Leagues"

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't get how someone can be out of someone's league? What is the definition of this, since we're all attracted to different things and someone I find unattractive, my friend found attractive?

So how can someone be out of someone's league? Only thing is being out of shape (not a little chubby but a bit overweight or very underweight) vs in shape?

You can say money but I know plenty of people who are MDs at Goldman [Sachs] who don't date supermodels or such and Usher's wife wasn't a supermodel?
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's just a thing society made up, I don't believe in it.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't get how someone can be out of someone's league? What is the definition of this, since we're all attracted to different things and someone I find unattractive, my friend found attractive?

So how can someone be out of someone's league? Only thing is being out of shape (not a little chubby but a bit overweight or very underweight) vs in shape?

You can say money but I know plenty of people who are MDs at Goldman [Sachs] who don't date supermodels or such and Usher's wife wasn't a supermodel?
Let me give you an example.
I am repeating myself but it's very important in order to get what a different league means.

Imagine you have a short ugly and fat girl around 5'3. Now imagine that she demands to get a date with someone who is 6'4 very athletic and had features of a model.

Don't you think that these two individuals are in very different leagues? One is in the Premier League and the other in the English Conference League... Light years away from each other.

Do you see what is meant by league in the dating game?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Imagine you have a short ugly and fat girl around 5'3. Now imagine that she demands to get a date with someone who is 6'4 very athletic and had features of a model.
Yh like I said I can understand when it means out of shape Vs in shape.

Features of a model doesn't mean you'd find them attractive. I don't find Gigi Hadid attractive at all. In fact I'd say the opposite.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yh like I said I can understand when it means out of shape Vs in shape.

Features of a model doesn't mean you'd find them attractive. I don't find Gigi Hadid attractive at all. In fact I'd say the opposite.
Yes sometimes you may not find someone who is objectively attractive...attractive...

However in the example I gave you the 5'3 ugly short hobbit is in a different league to the 6'4 athletic and handsome guy.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

if somebody is conventionally attractive, dating someone conventionally unattractive, society says they are dating out of their league

beauty is not entirely subjective. yes there is definitely some wiggle room.. don't get me wrong, but i am sure i could post of picture of someone that 90%+ people here would find unattractive..., and because of this you can't say beauty is entirely subjective.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
if somebody is conventionally attractive, dating someone conventionally unattractive, society says they are dating out of their league

beauty is not entirely subjective. yes there is definitely some wiggle room.. don't get me wrong, but i am sure i could post of picture of someone that 90%+ people here would find unattractive..., and because of this you can't say beauty is entirely subjective.
Of course. There is subjectivity but there are those who are objectively nice.

The example I gave above between the 5'3 short ugly and fat woman and the 6'4 athletic and handsome man described precisely the difference of leagues.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
Mmm but wouldn't that really only apply to extreme ends of the bell curve
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

you know plenty of MDs ... sure bud
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EU Yakov)
you know plenty of MDs ... sure bud
Yh plenty of MDs is like 3. Family friends.
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yh plenty of MDs is like 3. Family friends.
then why are you still on tsr like a wasteman
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EU Yakov)
then why are you still on tsr like a wasteman
Need an unbiased opinion innit
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

You can be out of someone’s league, just as someone can be out of your league.

The whole terminology is just a way of saying “that person is too good for you”, on the basis of perspective.

So if you think the person is out of your league, they probably have qualities that you think you wouldn’t be able to handle, so they need to be with someone in a similar league to them.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want to experience dating leagues live in London. Do you think stunning Sophie from Kensington who studied in Paris and whose daddy is a multimillionaire is going to go out with ordinary looking bloke next door Terry from Romford who left school at 16 and works as a mechanic. I suppose they might in some imaginary TV show or movie but in real life, no. There is your dating league.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes there is a visible difference or like someone who everyone just knows is extremely attractive like take for example Emily Ratajakowski the only guys who won't find her attractive are probably gay
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Someone with attractive looks and personality generates more interest and so will have a lot of choices. You do tend to get a lot of blow outs if you only go for the most desirable people
Last edited by Zarek; 4 weeks ago
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
Sometimes there is a visible difference or like someone who everyone just knows is extremely attractive like take for example Emily Ratajakowski the only guys who won't find her attractive are probably gay
Good mornings Mr Pharaoh!!

And guess what?! Lucifer does not find Mrs Emily attractive...
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Good mornings Mr Pharaoh!!

And guess what?! Lucifer does not find Mrs Emily attractive...
My statement still stands 😂
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
My statement still stands 😂
What statement is that?
Anonymous #1
If you want to experience dating leagues live in London. Do you think stunning Sophie from Kensington who studied in Paris and whose daddy is a multimillionaire is going to go out with ordinary looking bloke next door Terry from Romford who left school at 16 and works as a mechanic. I suppose they might in some imaginary TV show or movie but in real life, no. There is your dating league.
Hmm but that's the thing is a social circle a league?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise