Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

I have studied at a previous university for two years (partially completed my second year) and due to mental health issues I have had to relocate to my home town meaning I will be going to a different university.

Upon applying, I was told that I would have to restart the course because the content differs greatly.

Would I have to pay for the third year or would extenuating circumstances aid me in this?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’ll need to provide evidence of compelling personal reasons for leaving your previous course when you apply for funding.
Otherwise you’ll be unfunded for the first year (unfunded years are always first not last). Unfunded means no tuition fee loan for that year. You’ll still get a maintenance loan for every year.

If you provide evidence of cpr then SFE will give you an additional year of funding.
Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you so for your reply. What evidence would you suggest? And is it only ever one extra year they would fund or could they increase it to two out of the three since I am having to restart from first year.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Em395)
Thank you so for your reply. What evidence would you suggest? And is it only ever one extra year they would fund or could they increase it to two out of the three since I am having to restart from first year.
Hi, you can apply for CPR once per year. You can find out more about the evidence here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.82%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (56)
24.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.36%

Watched Threads