Guy is playing mind games?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dont want to be superficial or judge anyone for looks or height as that's genetics and nobody has control over it but I gave a little bit of attention to this guy I was seeing at my job and ever since he got my email and phone number, he neither contacted me and even claimed he will but didn't contact me.

I'm sorry if I sound rude but I have dating deal-breakers and this guy has all of them. He's quite short , not very cute and has zero personality. I like tall, masculine good looking men. But he was really nice to me, always staring a lot, being extra cute so I decided to give a shot and asked him to meet up. He asked for contact info but never contacted.

Now when I see him, I just feel like he's a creep.

Should I stop talking to him or be cordial ?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Being 'really nice' to you means he has a pleasant personality, not zero! And you sound desperate because what you listed clearly aren't deal-breakers; you were happy enough to have the attention.

So how long since you gave your details? Why haven't you asked him again about meeting up?

If it is going nowhere, it's work, so be cordial so as not to create any issues or have other people wondering what when on between you. However, you don't have to go out of your way to talk to him.
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You led him on because you have low self-esteem and needed an ego boost. He’s not the one who is playing games.
Last edited by YaliaV123; 1 month ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont want to be superficial or judge anyone for looks or height as that's genetics and nobody has control over it but I gave a little bit of attention to this guy I was seeing at my job and ever since he got my email and phone number, he neither contacted me and even claimed he will but didn't contact me.

I'm sorry if I sound rude but I have dating deal-breakers and this guy has all of them. He's quite short , not very cute and has zero personality. I like tall, masculine good looking men. But he was really nice to me, always staring a lot, being extra cute so I decided to give a shot and asked him to meet up. He asked for contact info but never contacted.

If he has all the deal breakers, then why give him your contact info?

I personally would not like to go out with someone who said I had "zero personality". How do you know until you get to know him?

I guess it's his choice whether or not he contacts you. Maybe he is shy. A colleague at work I like asked for my mobile number and said he would contact me. He didn't and I was furious as I really fancied him. However finally he plucked up the courage to phone me and we are now going on our third date today.

Give him time and if you are interested, a bit of encouragement.
Last edited by Oxford Mum; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
You led him on because you have low self-esteem and needed an ego boost. He’s not the one who is playing games.
I did not lead him on. He lead me on. He asked for my number then didn't contact
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Being 'really nice' to you means he has a pleasant personality, not zero! And you sound desperate because what you listed clearly aren't deal-breakers; you were happy enough to have the attention.

So how long since you gave your details? Why haven't you asked him again about meeting up?

If it is going nowhere, it's work, so be cordial so as not to create any issues or have other people wondering what when on between you. However, you don't have to go out of your way to talk to him.
He was nice to me so I wanted to look past the dealbreakers. But he got my no and email then never contacted. He doesn't know I have these dealbreakers as we never talked outside as he never texted
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
If he has all the deal breakers, then why give him your contact info?

I personally would not like to go out with someone who said I had "zero personality". How do you know until you get to know him?

I guess it's his choice whether or not he contacts you. Maybe he is shy. A colleague at work I like asked for my mobile number and said he would contact me. He didn't and I was furious as I really fancied him. However finally he plucked up the courage to phone me and we are now going on our third date today.

Give him time and if you are interested, a bit of encouragement.
How long did he take to call you??
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did not lead him on. He lead me on. He asked for my number then didn't contact
The lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling.
daniellasax17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re not even attracted to him. Count this as a blessing.
iXeri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe he's shy or feels like you don't like him so he gave up on you
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dunno about three weeks? You need to give the guy some encouragement if you want him
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Another great post!!

So you like tall, masculine, good looking men, but you gave your number and email address to a short, ugly, and zero personality guy... So in a few words you invited a hobbit into your life...

Of course he is a creep as he is a hobbit!!

You know the hobbits dislike the Trolls very much and in the Nordic Countries we have a lot of very masculine, powerful, and very tall Trolls who can do the job very well and make it go away. If you want to try this route...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
The lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling.
Where is me saying I led him on? Did I tell him I led him on???
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iXeri)
Maybe he's shy or feels like you don't like him so he gave up on you
But I asked him to hang out, then the number so how's that not interested?? Gave him a handwritten card
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I dunno about three weeks? You need to give the guy some encouragement if you want him
But how do I do??? He lied then hid himself, only to wave around wildly
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Another great post!!

So you like tall, masculine, good looking men, but you gave your number and email address to a short, ugly, and zero personality guy... So in a few words you invited a hobbit into your life...

You know the hobbits dislike the Trolls very much and in the Nordic Countries we have a lot of very masculine, powerful, and very tall Trolls who can do the job very well and make it go away. If you want to try this route...
Can't you read ?
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can't you read ?
Of course I can!
Your point was?
You don't like short & ugly men as you told us. But still gave your details to one of them...Your fault
Anonymous #1
Of course I can!
Your point was?
You don't like short & ugly men as you told us. But still gave your details to one of them...Your fault
Lol. You didn't. Said I liked him and was willing to look past it
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Another great post!!

I’m with Lucifer - you guys should go out. You both seem awful and you deserve each other. The fact that you’ll be removed from everyone else’s dating pool is a bonus.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I’m with Lucifer - you guys should go out. You both seem awful and you deserve each other. The fact that you’ll be removed from everyone else’s dating pool is a bonus.
You admit he's awful ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads