Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking at chemistry degrees such as
Chemistry with industrial training year Mchem
and Chemistry with industrial training year BSc

I'm Y12, if I applied for one of these in my applications and are accepted does that mean I'm guaranteed the industrial training year.
Also if they rejected the application could they offer the course without the placement year, so I only have to make one application to Newcastle.
Samonia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I did an industrial placement year. If you get on the placement course, you will need to find your own placement, the course doesn't guarantee you a placement. If you don't get a placement, you can just fill in a quick form and transfer back to the standard course BSC. The courses are exactly the same. I only applied for a Placement year standard undergrad one. If you wanted to apply for both the masters and the undergrad one you could, but you can also switch between them when you're there too.
Off topic but just so you know, the integrated masters is different, its not a full masters so make sure you're happy not having a full masters.(integrated masters is 120 credits for the masters year and 9 months long, vs a full masters is 180 credits and a year long)
Last edited by Samonia; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads