Turn on thread page Beta

AQA ICT Unit 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing this exam today?

ReputationRep:
    Me me I am! Hehe... we should be revising right now instead of on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Me me I am! Hehe... we should be revising right now instead of on here...
    Indeed we should! Hmm..

Are you ready for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    Indeed we should! Hmm..

Are you ready for it?
    Not really. At the time when we were deciding which modules we wanted to retake, I thought it would be a good idea... now I really can't be bothered! Also we had an awful teacher so I don't actually have any notes :eek: We were given this long set of revision notes before the exam which basically has everything in it, so I've just been reading through that.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. At the time when we were deciding which modules we wanted to retake, I thought it would be a good idea... now I really can't be bothered! Also we had an awful teacher so I don't actually have any notes :eek: We were given this long set of revision notes before the exam which basically has everything in it, so I've just been reading through that.

What about you?
    Ditto about the teacher. Speaking of which he has left now....Just peachy, leave in the middle of my coursework without even hinting your leaving. Typical. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm ready for it. Back in October it seemed like a good idea, but if I had known my teacher was going to be even worse in the A2 than AS I wouldn't have done it.

I've got a long set of notes also (probably the same as yours), but I think it's not 100% relevant to the syllabus. So I'm just reading my ICT revision book. Heh...I can just think of 3 words right now.....Crash And Burn.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ditto about the teacher. Speaking of which he has left now....Just peachy, leave in the middle of my coursework without even hinting your leaving. Typical. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm ready for it. Back in October it seemed like a good idea, but if I had known my teacher was going to be even worse in the A2 than AS I wouldn't have done it.

I've got a long set of notes also (probably the same as yours), but I think it's not 100% relevant to the syllabus. So I'm just reading my ICT revision book. Heh...I can just think of 3 words right now.....Crash And Burn.. :rolleyes:
    Yeah my teacher left last year. My current teachers are both really good but we haven't gone over anything from last year for the retakes. I've just got these revision notes. I hope they are relevant! That's all I've been looking at Mine has a green cover and is by Steve McWeeney?

Ooh you're also applying for economics at uni Good choice :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my teacher left last year. My current teachers are both really good but we haven't gone over anything from last year for the retakes. I've just got these revision notes. I hope they are relevant! That's all I've been looking at Mine has a green cover and is by Steve McWeeney?

Ooh you're also applying for economics at uni Good choice :p:
    I've got 2 sets of "notes", Same one as yours :p: , and one by ...it doesn't say who by, just that it's written for Heathcote & Leeming. Oh well. Still using my revision book instead!

:p: You too. Economics is cool. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 sets of "notes", Same one as yours :p: , and one by ...it doesn't say who by, just that it's written for Heathcote & Leeming. Oh well. Still using my revision book instead!

:p: You too. Economics is cool. :cool:
    Ah well, the notes are all I have, so they will have to do

Yup, economics is what cool people study! :cool: I've got my Edexcel Unit 4 module on the 26th Jan :eek: I should hopefully be doing a lot more revision for that than I have for ICT, as it's an A2 module rather than a retake.

Have you had an uni offers for economics?

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, the notes are all I have, so they will have to do

Yup, economics is what cool people study! :cool: I've got my Edexcel Unit 4 module on the 26th Jan :eek: I should hopefully be doing a lot more revision for that than I have for ICT, as it's an A2 module rather than a retake.

Have you had an uni offers for economics?
    Ditto, I've got Unit 4 on Wednesday also. Oh the joy. The questions can get a little tricky in that unit.

Yes, I've had 3 offers so far - Hertfordshire, Portsmouth & Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, I've got Unit 4 on Wednesday also. Oh the joy. The questions can get a little tricky in that unit.

Yes, I've had 3 offers so far - Hertfordshire, Portsmouth & Surrey.
    Haha really? What other subject are you studying? Not maths as well like me? Yeah Unit 4 can get a bit confusing, especially all the different diagrams

That's good... where's your first choice? Yay, Surrey... Surrey's cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Haha really? What other subject are you studying? Not maths as well like me? Yeah Unit 4 can get a bit confusing, especially all the different diagrams

That's good... where's your first choice? Yay, Surrey... Surrey's cool :cool:
    Haven't really decided yet, but it will probably be Surrey or Nottingham (Depending if they give me an offer :rolleyes: ).

LoL, I'm also studying maths, we do exactly the same subjects. What did you drop for A2?

What is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't really decided yet, but it will probably be Surrey or Nottingham (Depending if they give me an offer :rolleyes: ).

LoL, I'm also studying maths, we do exactly the same subjects. What did you drop for A2?

What is your first choice?
    Haha! We're cool :cool: What maths modules are you taking? I did P1, P2 and S1 last year and I'm doing P3, S2 and M1 this year. I dropped English last year. You?

Ooh Nottingham's nice. Warwick, Notts and Bath are my top choices but haven't heard from any of them yet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha! We're cool :cool: What maths modules are you taking? I did P1, P2 and S1 last year and I'm doing P3, S2 and M1 this year. I dropped English last year. You?

Ooh Nottingham's nice. Warwick, Notts and Bath are my top choices but haven't heard from any of them yet :rolleyes:
    I'm sure they will give you an offer!

I dropped Physics last year.

I did P1, M1 & S1 last year, so this year we are doing C1-C4.

Nottingham is nice. I like the surrounding area. Same can be said about Hertfordshire.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they will give you an offer!

I dropped Physics last year.

I did P1, M1 & S1 last year, so this year we are doing C1-C4.

Nottingham is nice. I like the surrounding area. Same can be said about Hertfordshire.
    You dropped physics... good choice! I couldn't stand physics at GCSE.

I went on a business/economics course at Nottingham last year with friends from school and really hated it... I thought the uni was all grey and dull. But I like it now Don't know why I changed my mind about it!

Eek :eek: Should be revising! What time are you taking it? I'm starting at 1.30. Do you know the difference between bespoke, generic, integrated, tailored, specific software etc? :confused: They all confuse me

ReputationRep:
    You dropped physics... good choice! I couldn't stand physics at GCSE.

I went on a business/economics course at Nottingham last year with friends from school and really hated it... I thought the uni was all grey and dull. But I like it now Don't know why I changed my mind about it!

Eek :eek: Should be revising! What time are you taking it? I'm starting at 1.30. Do you know the difference between bespoke, generic, integrated, tailored, specific software etc? :confused: They all confuse me
    Me too. Starting at 1.30pm. :eek:

Sure,

Bespoke - Basically "Off the shelf" software packages. You know things like Works suite 2000 etc. Less expensive than buying the individual software one by one. Easy to install, well documented.

Generic - Word processing, spreadsheets & databases. Basically any spreadsheet package can be made to do many different tasks & is not designed specifically.

Specific - Software created/designed to do one particular task.

Hmm, Integrated is basically the same as "Off the shelf" software. I can't remember Tailored, but I'd presume it was the same as specific?

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Starting at 1.30pm. :eek:

Sure,

Bespoke - Basically "Off the shelf" software packages. You know things like Works suite 2000 etc. Less expensive than buying the individual software one by one. Easy to install, well documented.

Generic - Word processing, spreadsheets & databases. Basically any spreadsheet package can be made to do many different tasks & is not designed specifically.

Specific - Software created/designed to do one particular task.

Hmm, Integrated is basically the same as "Off the shelf" software. I can't remember Tailored, but I'd presume it was the same as specific?
    Oh crap :eek: I thought bespoke was the one that's made specifically for one client? OK generic I remember yeah, general-purpose that can do different tasks and not designed specifically. Just looked up integrated and it's says it's something like Microsoft Office where it includes loads of generic software like word processing, database, spreadsheet etc.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap :eek: I thought bespoke was the one that's made specifically for one client? OK generic I remember yeah, general-purpose that can do different tasks and not designed specifically. Just looked up integrated and it's says it's something like Microsoft Office where it includes loads of generic software like word processing, database, spreadsheet etc.
    :eek: I always thought Bespoke was "Off the shelf packages"!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Just checked my book, Bespoke is software made specifically etc. You were right!

Dammit, my notes say what I previously said. Bah, I'll always trust the book from now on.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I always thought Bespoke was "Off the shelf packages"!
    Time to consult the revision guide! OK...

"Bespoke software is applications software written specifically for a client. It will take some time to develop and it will be expensive but it will satisfy client's needs exactly. This may be the only alternative if pre-written packages are not available to solve the problem."

ReputationRep:
    Just because it's relevant, i'm resitting CPT1 (computing) today

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.