Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I wanna be a doctor so ideally I need all as and a*s
Last edited by Rinxx; 4 weeks ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
More people get As and A*s in maths compared to economics. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's easier for any one individual though.
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rinxx)
I wanna be
Econ should be the easiest to get an A*. Much less content than the other subjects so you just have to learn exam technique.
Maths is relative to your ability, some will find it really easy others very difficult. If you did well at GCSE then it's likely maths will not be too bad.

If you're just looking for which one you can get the best grade in I would go for econ. If you need a subject for your future/university then don't look at how easy/hard it is to get a good grade so take the subject that you need.
Last edited by Incede; 4 weeks ago
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My friend said econ was a lot easier than maths. He got an A* in it without revision sooo.

But it depends on the person
Rinxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
More people get As and A*s in maths compared to economics. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's easier for any one individual though.
I'm guessing that's because there are more resources for maths/ there are less really good teachers for econ compared to maths?
Rinxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Plus people who take further maths find normal maths a lot easier so usually get a*s
username5340678
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rinxx)
I wanna be a doctor so ideally I need all as and a*s
Bio, Chem, Maths is 💯%
Apparently Maths is everywhere now these days! And yes if you focus well on it, A* will be within your reach! Especially Medicine, maths would be key elements when doing Clinicals!!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rinxx)
I'm guessing that's because there are more resources for maths/ there are less really good teachers for econ compared to maths?
Maths is pretty straightforward to revise - you do a ton of problems until you're good at it. You don't have to worry about fine details in the mark scheme, because any correct method is a correct method. It's not like, say, history where you can be very knowledgeable indeed and still miss out on a lot of marks because you didn't have the right kind of structure or you missed the point of the question.

However on a conceptual level maths is probably the more difficult one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (89)
28.53%
No (223)
71.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed