blobfishhhhhhh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
people have become obsessed with travelling ever further and faster however travel is expensive, dangerous, damaging and a foolish waste of time

write a article for a news website in which you argue your point of view on this statement

Any ideas ??
geebees
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i had this as an exam a couple of weeks ago. i dont have the paper but i got a 9.
i went for the approach of pollution paragraph, use a quote from someone like greta thunberg (just make it up - they dont care), road accidents using statistics of road accidents, including those that are fatal: place emphasis on the fatal crashes, i also did environmentally - infrastructure ruining eco systems and destroying biodiversity, noise pollution also disrupts animals.
i hope this is what you were looking for, if not lemme know and ill do my best to help more x
peza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by geebees)
i had this as an exam a couple of weeks ago. i dont have the paper but i got a 9.
i went for the approach of pollution paragraph, use a quote from someone like greta thunberg (just make it up - they dont care), road accidents using statistics of road accidents, including those that are fatal: place emphasis on the fatal crashes, i also did environmentally - infrastructure ruining eco systems and destroying biodiversity, noise pollution also disrupts animals.
i hope this is what you were looking for, if not lemme know and ill do my best to help more x
you don't have to ,of course, but if you could try and remember and post your answer that would be sooo helpful, I've been trying to look for a grade 9 example of this question for so long to get a good idea of how to structure my answer. If you cba then no worries of course.
geebees
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by peza)
you don't have to ,of course, but if you could try and remember and post your answer that would be sooo helpful, I've been trying to look for a grade 9 example of this question for so long to get a good idea of how to structure my answer. If you cba then no worries of course.
i don't have access to it as it's being used as grading evidence and we weren't allowed it back for control purposes i basically just wrote it all in paragraphs with a structured intro and conclusion to emphasise my view. sorry i can't really help much else
magnetodespacito
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeh Id go for environmental damage, plane crash fatalities, guidance towers making light pollution, tourism taking away the culture of places/littering on beaches etc but aren't you meant to get a source for the directed writing section in english lang?
cutiee_92_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by geebees)
thanks this was helpfull
geebees
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by magnetodespacito)
yeh Id go for environmental damage, plane crash fatalities, guidance towers making light pollution, tourism taking away the culture of places/littering on beaches etc but aren't you meant to get a source for the directed writing section in english lang?
i didnt have a source as my school gave us 50 minute exams so we just had this question for the writing as high control evidence, but we did the other questions with a source but low control at home/in lesson.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (11)
40.74%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (3)
11.11%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
7.41%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
22.22%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
7.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads