joyboy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have today and tomorrow to revise before I have an English language and a geography exam and these are basically my gcses. I have done NO revision at all. what should I do to get a good grade?????
Maykulka
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For geography, you need to know the case study. Even just a few details. if you have done no revision just try to get a drift of what the case study are.
You can watch youtube videos summarising case study. As long as you know if it had a big or a small impact you can more or less make up the figures but you need to have at least 2 correct ones for like 6 marks.
For the 9 markers, you need to write an introduction, 2-3 detailed paragraph either explaining or analysing the causes/ responses/ effects (depending on the question. And make sure to have a conclusion saying something like :
In conclusion, the best way o meet Uk's energy demand is
Or
In conclusion, immediate responses are most beneficent because
Or
Overall humans had the biggest cause to play for Sommerset floods because the river wasn't dredged for 20 years.

it really depends on the questions.

It's mostly just thinking logically. What can happen if a volcano explodes? What do flooding cause? What are the causes of earthquakes? What can cause flooding?

--
This is advice based on the AQA GCSE Geography course. Every exam board is a bit different but this advice could still be put to use in other exam boards. I have quite a lot of notes on AQA Geography if you do that.

Good luck!!!
jemmm01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go through/print out the syllabus for geography and literally see whether you can answer every point on it. If you can't, use your notes/youtube videos to fill in the gaps. I think i nearly managed to go through my gcse science syllabus in 2 days lol.

For english language feel like that's more natural ability... maybe look for a video of a teacher going through some sample questions on youtube and read model answers. Make sure you type in AQA/edexcel etc to get the right specification.

(Original post by joyboy)
I have today and tomorrow to revise before I have an English language and a geography exam and these are basically my gcses. I have done NO revision at all. what should I do to get a good grade?????
Last edited by jemmm01; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
38.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.46%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (7)
4.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (33)
21.57%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
9.15%

Watched Threads