undergraduate university applications

Watch
safahJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am struggling between choosing business and economics as a degree and currently im starting to write my personal statement however my options will be a mix of both business and economics courses so how do i tailor my personal statement to both courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am struggling and conflicted. Thank you
safahJ
Rep:
?
I am struggling between choosing business and economics as a degree and currently im starting to write my personal statement however my options will be a mix of both business and economics courses so how do i tailor my personal statement to both courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am struggling and conflicted. Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by safahJ)
I am struggling between choosing business and economics as a degree and currently im starting to write my personal statement however my options will be a mix of both business and economics courses so how do i tailor my personal statement to both courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am struggling and conflicted. Thank you
Write two personal statements. See which one is easiest to write and then apply for just that course.
safahJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Write two personal statements. See which one is easiest to write and then apply for just that course.
what exactly do you mean by this?.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what exactly do you mean by this?.
I mean that you’ll have to pick between business and economics eventually.

It’s better to do that BEFORE you apply and to apply for just one subject.

Writing 2 PSs is a good way to help you decide between the two subjects.
safahJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
I mean that you’ll have to pick between business and economics eventually.

It’s better to do that BEFORE you apply and to apply for just one subject.

Writing 2 PSs is a good way to help you decide between the two subjects.
Yes i agree, i was planning on writing 2 just because it's easier to tailor stuff specific to the subject. do you have any tips for writing a personal statement
ashalalabaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am struggling between choosing business and economics as a degree and currently im starting to write my personal statement however my options will be a mix of both business and economics courses so how do i tailor my personal statement to both courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am struggling and conflicted. Thank you.
Hi, i hope this helps, but when it came to choosing what to apply for at uni for me i thought about where do i want to be in the future, and then i thought about what i really wanted to do and what i wanted to have achieved and then i looked back at how i could achieve this and what i would need to do in order to get this. After that then i looked at the university courses and chose which one would be better for me. As for your personal statement after youve talked about who you are and what you do etc talk about what you want to do in the future, after uni and what you want to achieve, after youve said this then talk about how university will help achieve this, even if you don't mention a specific course.
sorry if this is just rambling on, but i hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.8%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (53)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.15%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.77%

Watched Threads