Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, are there any current (or past) students who do MSc Applied Mathematics (or just anyone with any experience with the Imperial mathematics department)? I’m interested to know what your experience with the department has been like - how demanding is the workload for the modules you chose and was it difficult to manage applications for PhDs/jobs whilst studying the course?

Did you feel supported by the department to help you decide what to do after your MSc and did the department support you for getting interviews for PhDs/jobs? How easy was it for you to get PhDs and jobs and do you feel Imperial’s reputation made it easier for you to get offers (or did you face rejection(s))? Finally, were the department helpful to aid you with choosing/undertaking your MSc project? Thanks!
MiladA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I second this. I wish to study MSc Applied Mathematics at Imperial because the module choices look AMAZINGGGG. I did MEng Civil Engineering at the University of Surrey so I am ineligible for PG Master's Loan . Also to anyone who did/is currently on the course are there scholarships available for it? I have used the scholarships tool but didn't find anything. It leads me to wonder whether there are any at all or if applications are to be made well in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (93)
28.53%
No (233)
71.47%

Watched Threads