Doing apprenticeship degree with Italian and Further maths A level

Watch
Abi678
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone
I was wondering if I could do use A level in maths and Italian do an apprenticeship degree in computer science. It’s a Language alright?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can, degree apprenticehips in software development ask for at most 1 stem subject. usually your subjects dont matter.
Abi678
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
you can, degree apprenticehips in software development ask for at most 1 stem subject. usually your subjects dont matter.
Thanks
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abi678)
Hi everyone
I was wondering if I could do use A level in maths and Italian do an apprenticeship degree in computer science. It’s a Language alright?
Are you good at Italian, Abi?

Are you doing just the two A Levels?
Abi678
Rep:
?
I was born there so I think I will be alright. I’m currently doing an access course because I’m adult. But most unis want a maths a level on top so I will do that as a private candidate. But I’m not sure if I will be accepted with the access course so I was trying to get a second a level to do in case the access course is not accepted. I’ve never heard of anyone getting into an apprenticeship degree with an access course.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was born there so I think I will be alright. I’m currently doing an access course because I’m adult. But most unis want a maths a level on top so I will do that as a private candidate. But I’m not sure if I will be accepted with the access course so I was trying to get a second a level to do in case the access course is not accepted. I’ve never heard of anyone getting into an apprenticeship degree with an access course.
I thought that this might be of interest to you in the future:

https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/cyberfirst/

How old are you, Abi?
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
Abi678
Rep:
?
I will turn 21 this year. But the problem is in most apprenticeship you need 5 gcse which I don’t have because I didn’t school in the uk. I’ve got only English and maths grade 4. I was thinking of applying with Queen Mary University (Kmpg) or University of west London.
siodvcnseuv
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also have maths and italian A levels and have applied for degree apprenticeships
Abi678
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by siodvcnseuv)
I also have maths and italian A levels and have applied for degree apprenticeships
I’m also doing an access course I don’t know if I will be accept for that. But most of them ask for 5 GCSEs which I don’t have. I only got two. How did you get in? Was is hard? How was the interview?
siodvcnseuv
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m also doing an access course I don’t know if I will be accept for that. But most of them ask for 5 GCSEs which I don’t have. I only got two. How did you get in? Was is hard? How was the interview?
I did have the GCSES and A levels needed by them so it wasn't really a problem. Maybe try to ask them if they would accept an access course and explain your circumstances. Hopefully they could consider you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads