Edexcel A Level Economics A 2021 Assessment Material

Watch
sarahlmx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone please help me with this question from the Theme 4 published material -
a) Nigeria is considering joining the African Continental Free Trade Agreement. Assess policies the Nigerian government could use in response to the concerns of the country’s ‘manufacturers and trade unions’ (Extract B paragraph 3) if they join this trading bloc. (10)
maxjones18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarahlmx)
Can someone please help me with this question from the Theme 4 published material -
a) Nigeria is considering joining the African Continental Free Trade Agreement. Assess policies the Nigerian government could use in response to the concerns of the country’s ‘manufacturers and trade unions’ (Extract B paragraph 3) if they join this trading bloc. (10)
Id say first paragraph talk about investment in education for p1 to increase skills of workforce making them more productive/efficient. Then eval with that there is a time lag with education and it s more of a long term investment and might not initially fix the productivity of the domestic workforce.
Then for P2 id talk about subsidising exporting firms/ manufacturers to make them more competitive. Will lead to fall in prices etc incetivising domestic consumers not to import. Also talk about animal spirits and could lead to more investment in these industries.
Then eval with to fund this gov spending would need to increase which could see things like income tax etc grow to fund these subsidies. This would lead to a fall in disposable income which could actually discourage consumption.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads