username4628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My last post disappeared when I posted it (so fingers crossed this one works!) but I started my gcse subjects in September and I really regret taking GCSE music (I was convinced by my music teacher to take it). My teachers have said it it is too late to change so I must continue with it. However, I am very worried as I am only working towards grade 3 guitar (year 9) and I have no theory knowledge. I have been finding the lessons really hard and I have no idea how to find what scales, intervals have been used etc. I would really appreciate any advice on how to practice listening. Also, is it even possible for me to pass if I am at such a low level? I have been (and will continue to) work really hard at it but I am still almost convinced I will fail, how will this affect getting into college/ uni etc if my other grades are fairly high? Any help is appreciated!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username4628)
My last post disappeared when I posted it (so fingers crossed this one works!) but I started my gcse subjects in September and I really regret taking GCSE music (I was convinced by my music teacher to take it). My teachers have said it it is too late to change so I must continue with it. However, I am very worried as I am only working towards grade 3 guitar (year 9) and I have no theory knowledge. I have been finding the lessons really hard and I have no idea how to find what scales, intervals have been used etc. I would really appreciate any advice on how to practice listening. Also, is it even possible for me to pass if I am at such a low level? I have been (and will continue to) work really hard at it but I am still almost convinced I will fail, how will this affect getting into college/ uni etc if my other grades are fairly high? Any help is appreciated!
You can get full marks for performance if you ae grade 4. Talk to your teachers and ask for extra help.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look at your spec here#; https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zpf3cdm
username4628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
You can get full marks for performance if you ae grade 4. Talk to your teachers and ask for extra help.
Thank you! I'll definitely ask for more help, because in the past they haven't been the most helpful to be honest!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.84%
No (181)
70.16%

Watched Threads