Annon3001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Booking online uni open days and they are all literally on the same day so no clue how I’m gonna do all three at the same time , any ideas ?
martin7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Annon3001)
Booking online uni open days and they are all literally on the same day so no clue how I’m gonna do all three at the same time , any ideas ?
I'd expect most universities would run two or three open days a year, not just one. Have a look to see if they have other dates available later in the year.

Another option would be to visit the area at other times of the year. I know a university near me does tours of the campus on a reasonably regular basis (or at least they did before Coronavirus) -- although of course there aren't any displays or presentations, it's just a walk around campus led by a current student (you might not be able to go into any buildings). It does at least give you a chance to see where you'll be spending three years of your life if you go there, and to ask questions of someone who already is there.

You could also just visit the campus on a day trip just to get a feel of the area; again, though, you wouldn't be able to go into any buildings.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Annon3001)
Hello!

It's a shame they're all on the same day However, you could email each uni to ask for the schedule for the day. This way you can prioritise the course talks for each uni and hopefully there wont be an overlap. You can also ask if any sessions are recorded so that you can watch them and not miss out.

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads