Scottish student applying for Postgraduate Masters Loan

Watch
ella_flynn8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I am a Scottish undergraduate student going into my fourth year and am hoping to apply for a Postgraduate Masters in midwifery for September 2022 entry. The university I’m hoping to apply to is in England and I have been told by Student Finance England I would not be eligible for any financial support/loans because I do not live in England and would have to move there to study. However, SAAS (Scottish student finance) have said they will not give me any financial support because the university I’m applying to is in England. Furthermore, a NHS student bursary would be available, however I’m not sure I’d be eligible because I need to be eligible for student finance from the Student Loans Company. Has anyone else experienced this same issue? Have any Scottish students studied a Postgraduate Masters in England and received/not received financial support? I’m unsure whether to contact SAAS again as I feel that they are my best shot at getting any funding because I am a Scottish student. Any help or advice on my situation would be hugely appreciated! Thank you.
Last edited by ella_flynn8; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ella_flynn8)
Hello, I am a Scottish undergraduate student going into my fourth year and am hoping to apply for a Postgraduate Masters in midwifery for September 2022 entry. The university I’m hoping to apply to is in England and I have been told by Student Finance England I would not be eligible for any financial support/loans because I do not live in England and would have to move there to study. However, SAAS (Scottish student finance) have said they will not give me any financial support because the university I’m applying to is in England. Furthermore, a NHS student bursary would be available, however I’m not sure I’d be eligible because I need to be eligible for student finance from the Student Loans Company. Has anyone else experienced this same issue? Have any Scottish students studied a Postgraduate Masters in England and received/not received financial support? I’m unsure whether to contact SAAS again as I feel that they are my best shot at getting any funding because I am a Scottish student. Any help or advice on my situation would be hugely appreciated! Thank you.
Hi Ella, as you reside in Scotland and you would only be coming to England for your course/to study - you will not be eligible for Student Finance England funding.

If SAAS state they don't fund the course then I'd advise you to speak to your university for further options.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads