ssokka
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
trying to get a job but cant really find any to apply to online, please can you leave suggestions on where i should try applying to. also what jobsites i should try, i tried indeed for my area but there wasnt really much for a 16 year old, also other than jobsites is there any other ways i can actively seek a job for summer
TiggyB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think 'Indeed' is quite a good website. There are lots of filters to narrow down jobs that better suit you and stuff.
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ssokka)
trying to get a job but cant really find any to apply to online, please can you leave suggestions on where i should try applying to. also what jobsites i should try, i tried indeed for my area but there wasnt really much for a 16 year old, also other than jobsites is there any other ways i can actively seek a job for summer
Try the company or retailer own website for jobs and apply through that way.

Boots take people on from age of 15 but you are restricted with certain things till 18, so you are fine there on age.

Tesco starts from 16 but again restricted with certain things till 18.
Argos, and McDonald's and other places.

You'll need to impress them that you are capable of taking on and don't worry on no training either as you'll be trained up on job.
fish finger fan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are doing it for experience more so than money, I recommend looking into volunteering.
apolaroidofus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most retail stores near where I live take 16-year-olds, maybe make a list of ones near you and trawl through their careers pages to see?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (24)
30%
No (56)
70%

Watched Threads