Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
honestly, i love a person who is sociable and exciting and fun! however, idk for some reason i just can't do it myself?
i can be that 'fun' type of person when i'm with one person, but when i'm with a group... i just can't. and i feel like this is affecting me because i get 'shy' around a group??
and it affects me because my brain tells me 'the group isn't including/talking to you' but i actually feel like it's me.
idk what to talk about or how to make people laugh or any of that.
it's the fact that all the friends i have ever had has never made me laugh... like ever? - but my little brother and cousin make me laugh till my stomach hurts!
when i talk to people from school, i just feel so awkward and i have no idea how to stop feeling like that! i really want a friendship group but i feel like i can't ever properly talk to people

do you have any idea how i can change? please.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe it's because you aren't close with all the people in the group, so you tend to just be shy. Are you uncomfortable around the group?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
honestly, i love a person who is sociable and exciting and fun! however, idk for some reason i just can't do it myself?
i can be that 'fun' type of person when i'm with one person, but when i'm with a group... i just can't. and i feel like this is affecting me because i get 'shy' around a group??
and it affects me because my brain tells me 'the group isn't including/talking to you' but i actually feel like it's me.
it's the fact that all the friends i have ever had has never made me laugh... like ever? - but my little brother and cousin make me laugh till my stomach hurts!
when i talk to people from school, i just feel so awkward and i have no idea how to stop feeling like that! i really want a friendship group but i feel like i can't ever properly talk to people

This is quite normal, reminds me of myself when I was younger. Honestly, just being exposed to life and different situations will help. As you get more experience, you'll learn ways to respond, things to say etc. Don't try to force it. Don't try to be someone you're not. It's okay to be shy, eventually you will break out of your shell a bit but it can take time.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
Maybe it's because you aren't close with all the people in the group, so you tend to just be shy. Are you uncomfortable around the group?
it kinda depends on the group i'm with - i realised that today.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago

try to remember that at first you dont need to be funny
first just try to join in the conversion. maybe make an aim to talk at least once during a 5 minute period or something I dont know
at any point you think you could say something just say it

and then always practice going up to people you know and saying hi and stuff
I get that its hard at first but the more you do it the more natural you will become in joining in the conversation

then you can try being funny and stuff lmao
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it kinda depends on the group i'm with - i realised that today.
Yeah, that goes all back to comfortability. Who you are and aren't comfortable with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.17%
No (187)
70.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed