The Student Room Group

my mom has calls me bad words in bangla

my mom has used bad words as long as I remember, I come from a Bangladeshi background and I want to if know all Bengali parents call you inappropriate words like slut, whore and mixture of other EXPLICIT bad words. I don't know why she calls me these names as I have never been with anyone. recently my dad started to use those words too.
Reply 1
Haha hey coming from a bengali household, pesonally my parents never use those kinds of words! Maybe your mum says them cos she's super mad and cant't control what she's saying but i would suggest you to perhaps speak to her about it nd tell her its abit inappropriate. Hope you're okay tho!
Reply 2
Original post by jjjjxxx
Haha hey coming from a bengali household, pesonally my parents never use those kinds of words! Maybe your mum says them cos she's super mad and cant't control what she's saying but i would suggest you to perhaps speak to her about it nd tell her its abit inappropriate. Hope you're okay tho!

i did try to tell her, once i even cried but she doesn't listen. i think it became a habit
I don't come from a Bengali household and my family have occasionally called me similar things too.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
my mom has used bad words as long as I remember, I come from a Bangladeshi background and I want to if know all Bengali parents call you inappropriate words like slut, whore and mixture of other EXPLICIT bad words. I don't know why she calls me these names as I have never been with anyone. recently my dad started to use those words too.

How old are you?
Reply 5
I don't come from a Bengali household and my family have occasionally called me similar things too.

Original post by Kerzen
How old are you?

Reply 6

It strikes me that there is something inherently wrong in parents calling a 14 year old daughter a slut and a whore.

I would suggest that you talk to Childline, as I think that this is something which needs to stop.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
Original post by Kerzen
It strikes me that there is something inherently wrong in parents calling a 14 year old daughter a slut and a whore.

I would suggest that you talk to Childline, as I think that this is something which needs to stop.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

i agree. you SHOULD.
Good luck!!:yy:
Reply 8
i did try to tell her, once i even cried but she doesn't listen. i think it became a habit

cry every time she or your dad says it, try to not speak to them for a while too. Over time it should get better hopefully:smile:!

ok so, im not saying its right or whatever, but its an issue with a lot of asian parents, and most of the time its just because you went out or didnt come home until late. dont fight back with your parents, thats the worst things you can do, just act like your a "perfect child" like always be studying and stuff and then youll see how they react
What are the words? say it in exact bengali.
Bro dw
She called my brother dead cow the other day

Lmaooo my mum does exactly the same thing to me haha, she's benagli. and whenever she gets mad she goes on a mad one.
But I usuelly try to understand why she swears at me, it's usually because she just angry at something I've done,
and if that's the case then I try to make it right
My dad is indian so he doesn't really understand half of the words she says 🤣🤣🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending