Can someone mark my An inspector calls GCSE essay

Watch
anon1830486
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Please can someone mark my essay and give me improvements and also a grade please x

essay down below
anon1830486
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
How is Mrs Birling presented in a inspector calls .

J B Priestley’s powerful morality play , ‘An Inspector Calls’, written in 1945 is about an apparent suicidal play of a girl called Eva smith but also evolves in society’s humanity of life. , Priestley superbly communicates the presentation of Mrs Birling as a stereotypical upper-class pre-war woman with capitalist views. Prestley evokes this by humiliating Mrs Birling to erupt to her views on dehumanising the lower class who should be deprived of getting assist from upper class people like Mrs Birling.

As the play commences Mrs Birling is presented as a redeeming ,arrogant and unbothered women as her personality traits evoke how distinctive a prominent women she is to manage the Women’s charity organisation as she is appearing in the act 1 as the investigation erupts fast tracked on a very special occasion of Sheila and Geralds engagement . Also , Mrs Birling is a nonchalant women to exist as she possess her husband to be a “social superior” and “a cold women” as as Mrs Birling had a much more dominance than Birling does as she is of a higher class but has more power over what circumstances happen as she dosen’t grasp what’s consuming in what to envelop when she is confronted in front of Inspector Goole. As Sybil is questioned by the inspector she is depicted to be a “cold women” as the oxymoron sentence highlights she is heartless to innocent lower class humankind as she thinks shes of a higher status and they are deserved to be mistreated inadequately. The adjective “cold” suggests Sybil to be ill-mannered in how she desires everything as tone is evoking anger so makes the audience have a sense of mistrust in Sybil.

However, in play Priestley to appear Mrs Birling to be self-importance and self-importance as she is introduced to what is called to Inspector Goole As Sybil is determined to have a favour in changing as the upper class unlike Sybil are shown to not be equal as they deprive themselves as many people in 1912 were detached to each classes as they were all apart from life. Mrs Birling an ignorant but unbothered woman is seen as the stage direction “some easy tone, I’m Mrs Birling y’know” highlights at the start she is seen to act pleasantly to the inspector as she is met with him. Audience are relieved Sybil is introducing to a important person the police officer who Sybil has no respect for such a idol.

Further on in the middle of the play on the extract , as the girls suicidal investigation envelops Sybil, Birling and the inspector bicker about Gerald not communicating with Sheila as Mrs Birling recalls she isn’t surprised and interrupts to Inspector Goole as Sybil utters “yes quites true” as this dramatic irony suggests Sybil to show no remorse and constructing that Gerald didn’t have responsibility to care for Sheila as Sybil criticise her own son for what unpleasant deed Gerald has done to a girl never had vigilance for a second. The image “true” connotes that Sybil perceives to show everyone her how callous and deceiseful a upper class girl is to uphold her corrupted thoughts to make up what events are happening. As the audience feel cold-hearted as Priestley shows how straightforward she is in order for her responsibility to evoke her secrets so that she isn’t in distress.

Significantly , through Mrs Birling’s ,Priestley uses the technique of dramatic irony to highlight the complete how Mrs birling is being prejudiced and has a lack of self-importance , suggesting his misunderstanding of her surroundings giving the audience confusion causing them to refer Sybil to be deceptive as the audience know the whole picture .This partly conveyed through the revolting imagery “gross impertinence” , the reference that Sybil implies Eva is impolite and did what she did on purpose from her back bone and she exposes Eva’s true self of What Sybil connoting it was a “gross” act as the adjective suggests Sybil is disgusted and shows she has no remorse. As the audience may feel devastated as many lower class people are determined to change as Priestley emphasises that upper class and lower classes should support each other no matter what.

Further in the play, Priestley confides Sybil to lose her morals but evidently looks down on the lower class “girls of that class” conveying her lack of solidarity through her superiority of power through an soft tone. Additionally, this suggests her lack of distrust through her disdainful views of how she dislikes how lower classes have been torn to depend on her. As the concrete noun “girls” depicts the reference of Eva and shows Sybil to be impetuous of her humanity and dislike her for how she is like. This implements Mrs Birling to be stereotypical as she proves that lower class like Eva lack social responsibility and moral but also she may steal money as the audience unsympathetic and angry as Sybil is treating lower class badly and feels that Sybil would not take the fault as Eva is not revolving around lust and suffering but not change which Priestley wants to happen.

Furthermore, as we see a dramatic shift of in the extract we discern that Eva who is poverty-stricken who approached the Women’s charity organised by Sybil who dislikes her as she juxtaposes Sybil looking for evident support for girls like Eva. Priestley as a labourer wanted to implement wages to go high for the lower class and so as Eva implored Sybil for funds she hesitated and doesn’t desire to accept and cooperation with Eva as Sybil anticipates she has “done her duty” as she implored Eva isn’t superior and in the same class as herself. On the other hand, this immediately remarks the contrast of “she only had herself to blame” exposing her hypocritical nature through the dismissive noun “blame” as this suggests Sybil doesn’t want to be involved in such a “scandal” as she lacks social responsibility.

Further on in the morality play, Arthur, Sybil and the children are still bickering and confiding who is the victim of the investigation as Mrs Birling is demanding to the Inspector that she not taking responsibility as she is covering her own tracks from having corruption and disguising her guard to be up as she is contemplating her status to be elevated as many upper class rich people have luxuries like lower class never has as Eva was too desperate for a woman like Sybil to corrupt herself with conscience to not help Eva. Sybil connotes that she hasn’t “done anything” clarifies the short sentence to create a tense tone as it emphasises Sybil is reluctant to undergo a change to give a chance to let Eva relive her unfortunate and adequate life she never experienced before as she has been working in a factory 24/7. The image “anything” suggests Sybil to recline her faults so could reconsider her ways to not give responsibility as she doesn’t want to damage her reputation in order for her to avoid a “public scandal” as this will not allow her to learn a single lesson as society won’t reply on the upper class people.
is Mrs Birling presented in an Inspec
abc dribble
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I love how you expect someone to do this for free. Go ask your teachers or pay a proffessional.
Iwanttobesmart
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by abc dribble)
I love how you expect someone to do this for free. Go ask your teachers or pay a proffessional.
this is a website for students where they ask for help for FREE. I don't know why you are so surprised
abc dribble
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Iwanttobesmart)
this is a website for students where they ask for help for FREE. I don't know why you are so surprised
Big difference between asking someone to explain a maths or chemistry question, and asking someone to mark a full essay.
Iwanttobesmart
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by abc dribble)
Big difference between asking someone to explain a maths or chemistry question, and asking someone to mark a full essay.
you have the option to completely ignore it if you cannot help, I'm sure someone would love to. there are many threads like this where people ask others to mark their essay and none of the replies were so rude.
freads92
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anon1830486)
Please can someone mark my essay and give me improvements and also a grade please x

essay down below
Your essay sounds great , I think you would be able to get a grade 8 but unfortunately I can't really mark it, I'm a student myself.
Last edited by freads92; 8 months ago
Winona03
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
*just for clarity I got full marks in eng lit GCSE and did inspector calls! So I hope this helps I would get rid of describing the play in the intro, maybe start with the idea of what a mother and a higher class woman should be like and then completely subvert it through Priestley's presentation of Mrs Birling eg. 'Often in literature, the construct of a mother is utilised as a caring and almost hypersensitive being that comforts both characters and the audience respectively. However, Priestley deconstructs this tradition through his fabrication of the distasteful and self-serving Mrs Birling'... I really love your exploration into the dynamic between Mrs Birling and Eva. Other than developing the intro I would say include more word-level analysis by picking 3 key quotes and digging into the nouns, verbs, adjectives. Maybe explore structure and pace of the language- is it colloquial? is it fast paced or slow? does it create tension? Overall, I think this is a brilliant essay! hope this is helpful x
Last edited by Winona03; 8 months ago
anon1830486
Rep:
(Original post by Winona03)
*just for clarity I got full marks in eng lit GCSE and did inspector calls! So I hope this helps I would get rid of describing the play in the intro, maybe start with the idea of what a mother and a higher class woman should be like and then completely subvert it through Priestley's presentation of Mrs Birling eg. 'Often in literature, the construct of a mother is utilised as a caring and almost hypersensitive being that comforts both characters and the audience respectively. However, Priestley deconstructs this tradition through his fabrication of the distasteful and self-serving Mrs Birling'... I really love your exploration into the dynamic between Mrs Birling and Eva. Other than developing the intro I would say include more word-level analysis by picking 3 key quotes and digging into the nouns, verbs, adjectives. Maybe explore structure and pace of the language- is it colloquial? is it fast paced or slow? does it create tension? Overall, I think this is a brilliant essay! hope this is helpful x
awww thanks you for this it helps and yh thanks ill try these improvements x also what grade would you give me to this essay?

(Original post by freads92)
Your essay sounds great , I think you would be able to get a grade 8 but unfortunately I can't really mark it, I'm a student myself.
awww ok thanks for this x and yh thats ok then
Winona03
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anon1830486)
awww thanks you for this it helps and yh thanks ill try these improvements x also what grade would you give me to this essay?

awww ok thanks for this x and yh thats ok then
I would give you around a grade 7/8 purely bc I think you could analyse some more key quotes in depth, but your writing style is fully capable of a 9! Good luck!!
mozino111
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
23/30
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads