John Bull
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As per the title. How is the university for mature students? Are there many/any mature undergraduate students?

Anyone with experience from their time there?

Thanks
Durham University
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by John Bull)
As per the title. How is the university for mature students? Are there many/any mature undergraduate students?

Anyone with experience from their time there?

Thanks
Hi John! As a mature student there's lots to get involved in at Durham. All of our colleges are welcoming of mature students and there is a wide range of support available to help mature students get the most out of their University experience. See more here: https://www.dur.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/mature/

We also have a very active Mature Students Association which runs a wide range of events and activities throughout the year. You can find out more here: https://www.durhamsu.com/groups/matu...sociation-e5ef

We know that starting University as a mature student can be a daunting prospect but please don't worry, Durham is a very welcoming place and you will soon find others in the same boat
John Bull
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you Durham University

Can I ask, what accommodation would you suggest for a mature student (late 20s) who wants their own space and would rather be around other mature students? Is there an option for that or would someone be better off renting privately?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads