Oldladystudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey,
Does anyone know if Salford do night shifts for first year placements?
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you want to work at night?
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Oldladystudent)
Hey,
You have to do nights at some point during a nursing degree. If you're on a ward or nursing home placement, you're likely to be expected to do nights at some point during the placement, regardless of which year you're in.

(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Do you want to work at night?
That's only an option post qualifying. NMC requirements state that student nurses (and probably midwives too) must have experience of 24 hour care in their placements over the course of their degree - this, therefore, includes nights at some point in the 3 years. Whatever job they end up in post qualifying determines whether or not they'll go on to do nights regularly.
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Oldladystudent)
Hey,
As a student nurse you are expected to work nightshifts/weekends as well as dayshift.
You usually work same shifts your supervisor/mentor is working so if she doing nightshifts then you'll do this usually, you must do xx hours of nightshifts throughout your 3 years as a student nurse as per NMC regulations.

I did nightshifts as a student midwife as it was part of the requirements of the course. I'm now a registered midwife mentoring students and they unfortunately do same shifts as I do.
@Emily_B
Last edited by Tracey_W; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%