was I stupid to face reveal to my online friends

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, I have some online friends, and by the title, I face revealed to them. They all face revealed too. However, one of my friends doesn't speak to any of us anymore, and the other has hella sketchy friends. I'm scared they're going to do something malicious with my photos or that they've sent it to other people that I don't know.

Am I overreacting? Can they do anything with my photos?
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did they screenshot?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by umchileanyways)
did they screenshot?
I asked them and they apparently didn't, but they could be lying. I deleted them quickly (in like a few seconds)
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Can't do anything really with just one photo that hopefully didn't exist anywhere beforehand online, besides you have pictures of their faces too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Can't do anything really with just one photo that hopefully didn't exist anywhere beforehand online, besides you have pictures of their faces too.
it didnt and still doesn't exist anywhere else online, and also, we sent different pictures over a period of time and I feel incredibly stupid lol
arminbestboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean, sending a face reveal imo is kind of the same amount of risk as posting a selfie. Personally, can't imagine what they can do with a single picture though.

For the future I would say maybe go on an audio call (not with your number, maybe on instagram or something) just to like, confirm they are who they say they are and then face reveal. When I was starting off with my ibfs, we did this and after the face reveals we did video calls (only when we knew for sure it was safe to though).

I did have this one internet friend who could be seen as sketchy or suspicious, however it was all because she had incredibly strict parents.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by arminbestboy)
I mean, sending a face reveal imo is kind of the same amount of risk as posting a selfie. Personally, can't imagine what they can do with a single picture though.

For the future I would say maybe go on an audio call (not with your number, maybe on instagram or something) just to like, confirm they are who they say they are and then face reveal. When I was starting off with my ibfs, we did this and after the face reveals we did video calls (only when we knew for sure it was safe to though).

I did have this one internet friend who could be seen as sketchy or suspicious, however it was all because she had incredibly strict parents.
I've voice called with all of them, they're all 100% not creepy old men named Kevin or something lollll I'm just afraid that they'd backstab me in some way idk
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've voice called with all of them, they're all 100% not creepy old men named Kevin or something lollll I'm just afraid that they'd backstab me in some way idk
It depends on your age as well I guess to an extent
It's done now so don't fret about it -just do be mindful in the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (85)
26.15%
England (109)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.31%
Germany (38)
11.69%
Spain (6)
1.85%