cydwaters
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I’m 17 and want to go into nursing, I’ve been thinking about getting a nose piercing. I want to get a ring in my nose and I want a septum piercing as well. I’m not totally sure if I’ll go through with the septum one. I also want to get a tattoo on my arm, basically from my hand to elbow. From the idea that I have it’s gonna be roses with like a tribute to my dad. He had a rose tattoo with our names on it, so I thought it would be cool to get one like that.

Would this be a problem for getting into nursing and jobs within that area?
em0392
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hello, from what i’ve heard depending on the type of nursing you go into it can very. child nursing it’s likely the piercing could effect you but tattoos if coverable i’ve heard are fine. adult nursing i’ve heard coverable is fine and uncovered can also be fine but face and neck tattoos are always no but arms aren’t a definite no for any area. piercings is the tricky one as facial piercings are usually a sticky area as some places say it’s fine but others are fully against it so if possible i’d wait on that one until you know for certain from going on placement etc
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Tattoos are fine provided they're not offensive or political.

With piercings, most uniform policies will say that you have to have studs in rather than rings or anything dangly, as they're harder to grab hold of and pull out. Facial piercings other than nose studs are often a no no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads