The Student Room Group

Moving to year 2 of uni

To go into second year of uni I need to get overall 40%, (which include exams and coursework), I havent done two of my exams in January but my course has all been in in the high 90's and I will be doing my final exams in 2 weeks, Would I be able to go through to 2nd year based of this?
Depends on how you do in your exams and how they’re weighted.
And how the two missing exams are counted in.
Do you have any reason to believe that you won’t do well on your exams?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Depends on how you do in your exams and how they’re weighted.
And how the two missing exams are counted in.
Do you have any reason to believe that you won’t do well on your exams?

I usually don’t do well in exams, I get freaked out. And it’s 53% coursework and 47% exams
Original post by Anonymous
To go into second year of uni I need to get overall 40%, (which include exams and coursework), I havent done two of my exams in January but my course has all been in in the high 90's and I will be doing my final exams in 2 weeks, Would I be able to go through to 2nd year based of this?

Hello!

I would recommend emailing your unit leader/ personal tutor/ university's Study Support team, to ask about the specifics for your course about how your year will be marked, as it will differ at each university and for each course This will hopefully provide you some comfort :smile:

For me, in my first and second year at uni, the lowest scoring module was removed and then the overall grade for the year was the average from the remaining five modules. This may be the case for you where your lowest scoring module is removed from your average. This helped my grade improve massively by removing the lowest scoring module! However, I did have to make sure that I passed (40%+) in all modules to get into the next year.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending