The Student Room Group

Lesbian relationship

I need some advice as I’ve just got into my first lesbian relationship, however, some things have come up.
I met my partners best friend who’s also a lesbian and has a girlfriend. All 4 of us became very close, however I noticed my partners best friend has taken a liking to being extra close with me and I’m not sure if it’s in my head of if she possibly likes me.
It started off with us just hitting it off, but then she’d always try find ways to touch me, I always catch her staring and whenever I’m not around she’s asking for me. Even with her girlfriend around. Some jokes have been made about her liking me from her girlfriend and my girlfriend but she seems very comfortable with her partner.
I’ve noticed she will make a point of kissing or cuddling her girlfriend and looks over to see if I’m paying attention and if not, she stops.
One thing that has slightly changed the way I feel is after a few drinks I stayed on a pull out bed, my partners best friend and her girlfriend insisted they stay with me in the bed so I’m not alone. I woke up to find my partners best friend literally squished next to me with her own girlfriend the other side of the bed. I moved over but she then went back to back with our feet basically intertwined. Sounds silly, I know, she calls me beautiful and says “I love you” so much to the point her girlfriend has pointed it out on occasions. I catch her staring at me and whenever I show PDA with my girlfriend she makes fun of it and fake heaves. She compliments me a lot and finds any way to be close. But I see she also shows affection to her girlfriend completely comfortably.
Is this all in my head or could she possibly like me?
Seems like odd behaviour from your partner’s friend and her girlfriend. Is she like that with everyone? It’s strange that she’s flirty with you but also affectionate with her girlfriend, and it’s also strange that her girlfriend just seems to put up with it and e.g. also climbs into bed with the both of you. Maybe they’re angling for some sort of big polyamorous thing? :s-smilie: I guess you could think about how you’d feel about that.

One way or another communication seems important here. Talk to your girlfriend about it and see if she’s noticed the same kind of thing. If what your partner’s friend is doing makes you uncomfortable, it’s completely reasonable to let her know that and hopefully she’ll back off a bit if you want her to and you let her know. Best of luck.
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you spoken to your girlfriend about it? She’ll be best placed to say if this is “normal” behaviour and you guys can talk it through.

At the end of the day if it makes you uncomfortable, you can tell her that even if it is totally ‘platonic’. If she’s a good friend she’ll understand and back off.
Always love a good lesbian love triangle
Reply 4
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Seems like odd behaviour from your partner’s friend and her girlfriend. Is she like that with everyone? It’s strange that she’s flirty with you but also affectionate with her girlfriend, and it’s also strange that her girlfriend just seems to put up with it and e.g. also climbs into bed with the both of you. Maybe they’re angling for some sort of big polyamorous thing? :s-smilie: I could you could think about how you’d feel about that.

One way or another communication seems important here. Talk to your girlfriend about it and see if she’s noticed the same kind of thing. If what your partner’s friend is doing makes you uncomfortable, it’s completely reasonable to let her know that and hopefully she’ll back off a bit if you want her to and you let her know. Best of luck.

From what I’ve heard my girlfriend says she thinks she likes me, I really like her best friend and sometimes wonder if i do like her more than a friend. I was just curious to know if these are actions of someone who likes someone else so I don’t drop anyone in anything.
Reply 5
Original post by becausethenight
Have you spoken to your girlfriend about it? She’ll be best placed to say if this is “normal” behaviour and you guys can talk it through.

At the end of the day if it makes you uncomfortable, you can tell her that even if it is totally ‘platonic’. If she’s a good friend she’ll understand and back off.

My partner thinks she may like me, however I never know if it’s jealousy. I was just curious from someone else’s perspective if these are actions of someone who likes someone else, if that makes sense
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Always love a good lesbian love triangle

Hahhaha, is this common or am I just new to everything
My partner thinks she may like me, however I never know if it’s jealousy. I was just curious from someone else’s perspective if these are actions of someone who likes someone else, if that makes sense

It’s hard to say but from what you’ve written it does seem like she’s flirting with you pretty heavily. Theoretically she could just be doing it to make either your girlfriend or her girlfriend jealous but that seems like a more complicated explanation than this really needs. It could be best just to sit her down and have an honest heart-to-heart talk about what she wants.

Your partner also seems to think she likes you - how does your partner seem to feel about that?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8

Just to add on, smaller things such as when we went out and she hugged me to say hello, she whispered in my ear you look beautiful and I was slightly taken back. When we hugged goodbye my partner said to her partner she thinks her girlfriend likes me and they agreed. I’m surprised she is so casual about it

I knew someone involved in a 4 way lesbian triangle and at a party it ended in a big massive fight and the police being called
I knew someone involved in a 4 way lesbian triangle and at a party it ended in a big massive fight and the police being called

That’s called a rectangle :colonhash:

She’s saying “I love you” - doesn’t get more blatant than that! The thing is we just don’t know what kind of a person she is (basically, is she like this with everyone). What really matters is if her behaviour makes you and/or your or her partner uncomfortable and if so how you deal with it, imo?

It is a bit of a cliche, yes :tongue:
Relatively few lesbians = very incestuous friendship groups :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)

PRSOM :rofl:

Whatever it ended with the best fight I ever saw

She’s saying “I love you” - doesn’t get more blatant than that! The thing is we just don’t know what kind of a person she is (basically, is she like this with everyone). What really matters is if her behaviour makes you and/or your or her partner uncomfortable and if so how you deal with it, imo?

From what my partner said she’s always been shy, but has said to me she sees the way her friend looks at me, I’m not sure what those looks are but multiple people have said they see the way she looks at me.

Adding on she says I love you infront of everyone so I didn’t see it as a big deal but her gf has elbowed her when she has said it in a way to say stop and her friend said no
Adding on she says I love you infront of everyone so I didn’t see it as a big deal but her gf has elbowed her when she has said it in a way to say stop and her friend said no

It certainly sounds like her behaviour is abnormal and worrying you and people around you, as well as being obviously quite flirtatious?
Again, you might end up just having to discuss it with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending