ILoveCake786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

If I get a BCD-BDD in a levels will it drastically affect my future career? I want to go into a business oriented career but I'm not sure how much my a level grades will affect my prospects of getting in.

How important are a levels after uni when applying for jobs as a graduate?
Reanna.xxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as you meet the university entry requirements and you pass your degree with a strong grade, i don’t imagine that it would have a massive impact.
Last edited by Reanna.xxx; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are your other subjects and likely grades?
Are you holding any Uni offers for this year?
ILoveCake786
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
What are your other subjects and likely grades?
Are you holding any Uni offers for this year?
I'm still holding all 5 of my offers. Reflecting on the tests and possible marks, I'm predicting at least one B, possibly an A. My other 2 could either be a C or a D. I'm not too sure which one out of the two it will be.
ILoveCake786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reanna.xxx)
As long as you meet the university entry requirements and you pass your degree with a strong grade, i don’t imagine that it would have a massive impact.
Ohhh ok thank you so much for the help 😊
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ILoveCake786)
How important are a levels after uni when applying for jobs as a graduate?
Unless you are going for one of those 'nobody ever gets a place' type graduate schemes with high flying City firms - it won't matter. The vast majority of graduate employers are far more concerned with your degree grade, and that you have an interesting CV with relevant work experience and evidence that you did more at Uni than just study.
ILoveCake786
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Unless you are going for one of those 'nobody ever gets a place' type graduate schemes with high flying City firms - it won't matter. The vast majority of graduate employers are far more concerned with your degree grade, and that you have an interesting CV with relevant work experience and evidence that you did more at Uni than just study.
I'm looking to study business management and then following uni go into a business related career.

I'm also looking into getting a part time job e.g. working in a shop as a retail assistant. Would this be relevant work experience? And how much do a levels matter when going into a business oriented job?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ILoveCake786)
And how much do a levels matter when going into a business oriented job?
As I have already stated, your degree will be more important that your A levels for graduate jobs,

For a part-time job in a shop, they wont care - they will want to know that you don't steal things, understand what customer service means and can operate a till. PS. Stacking shelves is not going to teach you much about Business Management. Ask a relevant teacher for some suggested reading instead.
Nffc79
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check if your course is available on clearing.
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nffc79)
Check if your course is available on clearing.
This will not be known until at least July - and more likely not until Results Day in August.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads