jaxp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to work on my personal statement, and I want to go into a career in psychology, so I want to do stuff that is related to psychology. Are there any types of clubs relating to psychology?

Thanks!
eduorclinpsych
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not sure what you mean by 'clubs'?

Are you writing a personal statement to apply to university? (If so, are you referring to potential clubs you'd like to join whilst at university?)

Work experience (even if it's just for a day) would likely be more impressive. That being said, due to everything going on universities can appreciate it's been difficult to find experience. Have you read any books into the area that you could refer to? Why you're interested in Psychology (do you have a personal story to tell)?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jaxp)
I want to work on my personal statement, and I want to go into a career in psychology, so I want to do stuff that is related to psychology. Are there any types of clubs relating to psychology?

Thanks!
Hi

It's great to hear you are thinking about doing a career in psychology! I found writing my personal statement really difficult, however once you get started you'll fly through it I would suggesting looking on the UCAS website that breaks it down what university look for, this is the link: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...onal-statement. Is there any particular reasons or experiences that have led you to want to study psychology? Or have you done any work experience or hobbies that you could apply psychology too and since this had a passion for learning more? Universities want to get to know you, but they also want to know what made you choose the subject. You already seem to be thinking about all this questions that you could do to benefit your personal statement so that is great! Do you know what area of psychology you're interested in most? For example, if its clinical, then maybe you could look into volunteering at a charity or something in the clinical field

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask me any questions!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology)
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Focus on extra reading, listening to podcasts, watching online lectures etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
28.93%
No (226)
71.07%

Watched Threads