Girlfriend doesn't let me drink.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Been together a number of years, live together. I got out of a psychiatric hospital a few weeks ago and haven't had any alcohol in about 6 weeks. I am a grown ass person and she keeps getting mad when I even mention having a beer. I spoke to her and she said I can drink when I'm symptom less for a month. **** that. It's not worth the fight of me drinking anyway but I also don't want to wait a month. How can I change her mind?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you considered that maybe she's trying to look after you because she cares about you..?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
Have you considered that maybe she's trying to look after you because she cares about you..?
I didn't drink for 3 weeks before my hospital admission so it's not like alcohol was the catalyst.
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This seems legit.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
This seems legit.
100%
Anonymous #1
I'm dying for a drink but my girlfriend is still being uptight and telling me I can't. I'm a ****ing grown person, if I knew it wouldn't result in a shouting match I'd bring out the vodka. I need a way to persuade her.
Anonymous #1
Any advice how I can change her mind? :facepalm:
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Drink low abv drinks like coors light or budwisier light or something she can't have a go at you because you wouldn't get drunk unless you drink like 10 bottles or something.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm dying for a drink but my girlfriend is still being uptight and telling me I can't. I'm a ****ing grown person, if I knew it wouldn't result in a shouting match I'd bring out the vodka. I need a way to persuade her.
Drink some water. It's the best drink in the world.

There is no way that you can persuade your girlfriend that it would be a good idea for you to drink alcohol.
Because it's a fact that you are better off staying off it. That's as incontovertible as 2 plus 2 equalling 4.

You have no more chance of persuading her that you should drink alcohol than you have of persuading her that 2 +2 = 5
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
are you taking any medication due to you leaving the hospital??
cos drinking could also have effects on your medication...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Drink some water. It's the best drink in the world.

There is no way that you can persuade your girlfriend that it would be a good idea for you to drink alcohol.
Because it's a fact that you are better off staying off it. That's as incontovertible as 2 plus 2 equalling 4.

You have no more chance of persuading her that you should drink alcohol than you have of persuading her that 2 +2 = 5
:hmpf:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Drink low abv drinks like coors light or budwisier light or something she can't have a go at you because you wouldn't get drunk unless you drink like 10 bottles or something.
I do kinda wanna get drunk though, so..... unsure:

I just feel like I'm an adult and I even tried promising her that if I react badly I will not expect her help. Still no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise