Ruby1707x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m going to be going into a sixth form college and I’m quite nervous,
Anyone got any tips on just making friends as that is what I am most nervous about
Thank youu
Namzino
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, one thing I realised when I started sixth form last September, was that the first week or two was very vital in how many friends you'll actually have. I did quite well in forming good friendships with a few people, which led me to join a bunch of friend groups. However, some of my friends who had gone to the same secondary school as me prior to sixth form hadn't done as well at making friends in the first 2 weeks, and are normally alone the majority of the time. So I think if you just try to form a good friendship with as many people as possible, learn names, share interests, then you'll be fine, because you'll slowly get closer as the year goes on.
Nancy_s
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ruby1707x)
Hi, I’m going to be going into a sixth form college and I’m quite nervous,
Anyone got any tips on just making friends as that is what I am most nervous about
Thank youu
Hi! i'm currently in year 11 too but i just wanted to say that everyone there is in your position too. everyone's gonna be nervous about finding and making new friends and are probably stressing about it right now.
Firstly, you'll probably end up making friends within the first month just by having the same people in your classes. seeing people frequently and having some small talk is the beginning. then it'll be natural from then on.
If you do wanna make friends from the start, approach people if you can, it's worth a shot. you can ask them what school they came from and what they're studying. you can ask for their names. just small questions and nothing too personal like 'whats your date of birth' or 'where do you live' haha.

Anyways, ALWAYS remember, you're all in the same position so there's nothing to worry about!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.81%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.78%

Watched Threads