alex.ivak1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

Im in year 11. As you all know, GCSEs have been cancelled this year.
So, my school will give students grades by getting them to sit exams.
For maths, we did two formal papers in March but they were in class. For those ones they gave us a topic list of all the topics that will come up and all them came up in the ones we did in March. They used gcse maths edexcel November 2020 but with different papers.
Now for the final ones in May, they told us to use the same topic list as the same topics will come up in the final exams in May.

My question is: what do you think they will use for the final exams in May? Do you think they might use the same papers that they gave us in March - the November 2020 papers but with different numbers(shadow papers) as they told us that topics will be the same?

What papers do you think they will give us now in May?
ektasmar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alex.ivak1)
Hello,

Im in year 11. As you all know, GCSEs have been cancelled this year.
So, my school will give students grades by getting them to sit exams.
For maths, we did two formal papers in March but they were in class. For those ones they gave us a topic list of all the topics that will come up and all them came up in the ones we did in March. They used gcse maths edexcel November 2020 but with different papers.
Now for the final ones in May, they told us to use the same topic list as the same topics will come up in the final exams in May.

My question is: what do you think they will use for the final exams in May? Do you think they might use the same papers that they gave us in March - the November 2020 papers but with different numbers(shadow papers) as they told us that topics will be the same?

What papers do you think they will give us now in May?
Probably the 2021 assessment materials.These were released by the exam boards on our first day back from the Easter holidays.Otherwise I guess past papers,especially 2019 or 2020 papers
alex.ivak1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ektasmar)
Probably the 2021 assessment materials.These were released by the exam boards on our first day back from the Easter holidays.Otherwise I guess past papers,especially 2019 or 2020 papers
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

My school said that they won't use the assessment materials. They used the 2019 November papers in the mocks that we had in November 2020. Also, they used the 2020 November papers in March that we did in class.
ektasmar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply.

My school said that they won't use the assessment materials. They used the 2019 November papers in the mocks that we had in November 2020. Also, they used the 2020 November papers in March that we did in class.
Oh ok.Good luck with your assessments!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.42%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.02%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (56)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.5%

Watched Threads