Anyone not bothering with university?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm not and I feel left out a bit. I was a bit upset because a lot of people who went to my school are there. It seems like everyone is going. I was thinking that all of them are going to be more successful than me in the future because why would they be going if they weren't going to be. I'm still in college and don't want to go university. Just been worried about everyone doing better than me.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Then do better or join them. I get the sense you haven’t got any grand plan beyond not going to university. The difference between them and you may not be that they’re going to university. It may be that they have an outline of a plan as to how they plan to achieve success and you don’t.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not and I feel left out a bit. I was a bit upset because a lot of people who went to my school are there. It seems like everyone is going. I was thinking that all of them are going to be more successful than me in the future because why would they be going if they weren't going to be. I'm still in college and don't want to go university. Just been worried about everyone doing better than me.
Most people at my school didnt go to university, but ive kind of gone down the full academic pathway.

Honestly it doesnt matter, if your friends are good mates then you'll be happy for them & they'll be happy for you with what you decide to pursue.

University definitely doesn't define success, and doesnt guarantee it. Hard work and motivation are far more powerful then a degree over the long haul. (your average brick layer makes double what most uni graduates get paid and has no debt).
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I mean it’s undeniable that in this day and age having a degree allows you to access a much greater variety of jobs and of higher quality that is usually unattainable for someone without a degree. But if you’re set on not going to university then it shouldn’t really matter what you friends or schoolmates are doing. Just focus on yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
28.84%
No (227)
71.16%

Watched Threads