jackski!!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am looking to apply to this course and am currently predicted A*A*A*(Econ, Geo, History), I am wondering why the requirements are so low (ABB) for Durham ( a top tier uni), and would this be seen as a good course for IB spring weeks and internships?
Many Thanks
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it's a finance course that doesn't require maths then it's probably going to be quite relaxed, that's why the boundaries are low. Just a guess though.

I think with your grades you should target Durham Econ. The finance degree should be fine though. Just note that BSc finance isn't as respected in the UK as Econ in general.
jackski!!
Rep:
?
Thanks, I wish I could its just I dont do Maths and thats a requirement for most of the top econ courses, finance is my only real option for durham
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jackski!!)
Thanks, I wish I could its just I dont do Maths and thats a requirement for most of the top econ courses, finance is my only real option for durham
I hope you know that the course you do doesn't particularly matter as long as you go to a good uni so you could choose more than finance or Econ, if you have other interests.

You should be fine with finance anyway. HR isn't looking at grade boundaries lol
username19412
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jackski!!)
Hi, I am looking to apply to this course and am currently predicted A*A*A*(Econ, Geo, History), I am wondering why the requirements are so low (ABB) for Durham ( a top tier uni), and would this be seen as a good course for IB spring weeks and internships?
Many Thanks
You can apply to the Notts Econ course and that will give you a better shot at going into IB because it is more Mathematical and is more intense.

(Original post by anonuser99)
If it's a finance course that doesn't require maths then it's probably going to be quite relaxed, that's why the boundaries are low. Just a guess though.

I think with your grades you should target Durham Econ. The finance degree should be fine though. Just note that BSc finance isn't as respected in the UK as Econ in general.
Not necessarily true. Nottingham's econ course doesn't require Maths and is very well respected.
Last edited by username19412; 1 month ago
jackski!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonuser99)
I hope you know that the course you do doesn't particularly matter as long as you go to a good uni so you could choose more than finance or Econ, if you have other interests.

You should be fine with finance anyway. HR isn't looking at grade boundaries lol
Thanks, big help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (187)
43.39%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.67%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.8%

Watched Threads