The Student Room Group

3rd year car insurance is really expensive

My insurance is to renew next month so I’ve been comparing car insurance. I have a 1.2 corsa d and first year was £1700 w/bb, second year £900 w/o bb +1ncb. Third year was coming up around £570 w/o bb +2ncb but now a few days later shows around £750. This seems a bit off as the decrease insurance price is marginal. Only difference in circumstance is I go to uni and there is 1 less car home.

I’ve been wanting to get a golf 1.4 tsi se or 1.6 tdi se. Last week they were showing £700 (1.4) and a bit more for the 1.6. But now it’s showing £1300/£1400 plus. Plugged in the same regs too

Idk if this is normal as I was expecting greater discount like the previous prices displayed? Idk if anyone else is having the same issues with compare the market and other sites? I don’t have any points either and people in my area are paying crazy lower premiums than me but a secondary driver on their insurance which I haven’t had. Tried this and it only marginally decreases the insurance.

I have 30 days until renewal so lots of time but wanted to know other peoples experiences/advice thank you
Reply 1
Original post by MahirUddin
My insurance is to renew next month so I’ve been comparing car insurance. I have a 1.2 corsa d and first year was £1700 w/bb, second year £900 w/o bb +1ncb. Third year was coming up around £570 w/o bb +2ncb but now a few days later shows around £750. This seems a bit off as the decrease insurance price is marginal. Only difference in circumstance is I go to uni and there is 1 less car home.

I’ve been wanting to get a golf 1.4 tsi se or 1.6 tdi se. Last week they were showing £700 (1.4) and a bit more for the 1.6. But now it’s showing £1300/£1400 plus. Plugged in the same regs too

Idk if this is normal as I was expecting greater discount like the previous prices displayed? Idk if anyone else is having the same issues with compare the market and other sites? I don’t have any points either and people in my area are paying crazy lower premiums than me but a secondary driver on their insurance which I haven’t had. Tried this and it only marginally decreases the insurance.

I have 30 days until renewal so lots of time but wanted to know other peoples experiences/advice thank you

Prices change from day to day. It happens.

Your prices look like they're in line with UK averages for your circumstances.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Prices change from day to day. It happens.

Your prices look like they're in line with UK averages for your circumstances.

Oh okay, the price fluctuations are quite high hence I thought it was a bit pricey. Also people in my area pay much less but probably I’ve missed something. Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by MahirUddin
Oh okay, the price fluctuations are quite high hence I thought it was a bit pricey. Also people in my area pay much less but probably I’ve missed something. Thank you

Prices are unique to you. You cannot compare with others.

Premiums are calculated based on statistics. There may be more Mahir's on the road causing crashes than Tom's for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending