How should I spend my summer(GCSE to A level)

Watch
username1569
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering how I can prepare for A-Levels or if I even should. I'm taking maths, physics and computer science. Any advice would be appreciated ,thanks.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username1569)
Just wondering how I can prepare for A-Levels or if I even should. I'm taking maths, physics and computer science. Any advice would be appreciated ,thanks.
I am doing the same subjects possibly further maths if I get a 9 and I'm just gonna touch on some a-level content lightly
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
General reading around the subject - ask you subject teachers for suggestions.

Other than that, have some FUN. Its been a rubbish 2 years so get out and do some things.

If you want something a bit more structured, then enter yourself for a Fun Run or Half Marathon or similar for the autumn and train/get fit over the summer. 'Couch to 5k' : https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercis...-week-by-week/
snowball_cat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s good to do a little work on those subjects during the summer so your brain doesn’t fall asleep. Even just recapping things you studied in the past can help a lot.

Make sure you have plenty of fun and rest though! If possible, get out and about, maybe a week or two of work experience so you can include it in your CV etc.
username1569
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
General reading around the subject - ask you subject teachers for suggestions.

Other than that, have some FUN. Its been a rubbish 2 years so get out and do some things.

If you want something a bit more structured, then enter yourself for a Fun Run or Half Marathon or similar for the autumn and train/get fit over the summer. 'Couch to 5k' : https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercis...-week-by-week/
Appreciate that, im already a pretty good runner so i think ill give myself the challenge of the half marathon.
username1569
Rep:
?
(Original post by snowball_cat)
It’s good to do a little work on those subjects during the summer so your brain doesn’t fall asleep. Even just recapping things you studied in the past can help a lot.

Make sure you have plenty of fun and rest though! If possible, get out and about, maybe a week or two of work experience so you can include it in your CV etc.
thanks, good idea ill look around for some placements
abisola_a
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m currently studying maths, further maths, physics and french a level.
Trust me when I say you just need to enjoy your holiday. You can do a few super-curricular activities or like some fun slightly academic summer schools — something to help you see what careers are out there. But mainly relax and perhaps look at any preparation packs your sixth form/college have prepared don’t forgot EVERYTHING.
But bare in mind, this will be one of very few holidays you can entirely relax without any homework or expectations.
username1569
Rep:
?
Thank you, ill try and keep a good balance
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, ill try and keep a good balance
We set summer preparation packs so maybe google for 'A level prep' as some schools put them on their website.
ilos
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I recommend that you read around your subjects. Also for Maths, try go over the really basics over the summer as if you do you will find the jump from GCSE to A Level a lot easier. For example the laws of indices, fractions, expansions etc...Apart from that don't worry too much and just have fun!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads