The Student Room Group

retaking maths GCSE

Hi, I am currently a year 12 student who didnt do their GCSE,s due to COVID-19, Is it possible for me to do it in november 2021?
I got a grade 4 and I am looking to get atleast a 6 and if yes how do I apply and will I get my results before the UCAS deadline.
Original post by rola05
Hi, I am currently a year 12 student who didnt do their GCSE,s due to COVID-19, Is it possible for me to do it in november 2021?
I got a grade 4 and I am looking to get atleast a 6 and if yes how do I apply and will I get my results before the UCAS deadline.

noone :/
Original post by rola05

This is perfectly okay.

You would just put the GCSE resit as a 'pending' qualification alongside your A levels and Unis would include this as an extra condition on any offer. Once you know your grade, inform the Unis so they can add it to your application..
Original post by McGinger
This is perfectly okay.

You would just put the GCSE resit as a 'pending' qualification alongside your A levels and Unis would include this as an extra condition on any offer. Once you know your grade, inform the Unis so they can add it to your application..

Thankyou so much for your response :smile:
This is perfectly okay.

I have another question, would I be able to choose what type of exam to take such as the higher paper or would I be forced to take the foundation paper?
Original post by rola05
I have another question, would I be able to choose what type of exam to take such as the higher paper or would I be forced to take the foundation paper?

That is entirely up to your school.
Just remember that the highest grade you can get with Foundation is a 5.
That is entirely up to your school.
Just remember that the highest grade you can get with Foundation is a 5.

Ah okay I hope I do the higher paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending