things never seem to get better

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Was diagnosed with depression in october, but been without friends for a long time. Years. I've been trying to make progress. I was recently diagnosed with aspergers which made me feel worse. My ex, who i've been close to, is now talking to a new guy (we split up in august last year but still kept close and there was always the possibility of us getting back together). meanwhile, the third date i was meant to go on has been cancelled, and i have nothing. noithing to do. all i do is sit at home, i cry myself to sleep, because i cannot bare the loneliness. I hate this life. I just want a different one. I'm told I should be grateful for having a stable family and good education etc, and whilst i am glad in that regard, as to education, being intelligent has never made me happy. i've grown up far too quickly, i'm 18 and supposed to start university in autumn. if i have to wait til then to make friends or do anything, i mean i cant even seem to get a job....i'm done with life.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
An online chat with someone close to you, or, failing that, a psychologist, might be good start if you want to open up what you really feel.
Fizzchip
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Was diagnosed with depression in october, but been without friends for a long time. Years. I've been trying to make progress. I was recently diagnosed with aspergers which made me feel worse. My ex, who i've been close to, is now talking to a new guy (we split up in august last year but still kept close and there was always the possibility of us getting back together). meanwhile, the third date i was meant to go on has been cancelled, and i have nothing. noithing to do. all i do is sit at home, i cry myself to sleep, because i cannot bare the loneliness. I hate this life. I just want a different one. I'm told I should be grateful for having a stable family and good education etc, and whilst i am glad in that regard, as to education, being intelligent has never made me happy. i've grown up far too quickly, i'm 18 and supposed to start university in autumn. if i have to wait til then to make friends or do anything, i mean i cant even seem to get a job....i'm done with life.
Don't ever listen to other people when they tell you to be grateful about X Y and Z because to put it simply they have no idea what's like. I know it seems really bleak now but it WILL get better, going someplace new might help a bit and university is honestly one of the best places to make friends as you're always surrounded by different people. Like the above comment said, online chats can be really good at meeting some new people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (31)
37.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
27.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (10)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads